Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Blocker causing "error"?

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Call Blocker causing "error"?

I have just had a problem fixed by BTOR for a faulty wire 100 yards down the road. Everything is fine now as it previously had been.

The engineer was very thorough and helful also checking inside my house which has a single plate and no internal extensions.

He said that my CPR Call Blocker (with Panasonic phone) was flagging up as a "loop" error, which in practice made no difference at all to perceived line quality. It is however indispensible to keep the cold call scammers at bay!

I would be interested to know why this is a potential problem and with thousands in use I can't believe I am the only one affected!

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Call Blocker causing "error"?

You are not alone. The CPR call blocker uses the telephone line as a power source. This presents itself as a permanent load on the line including when the phone is 'on the hook' . This is detected as a loop error.

I got rid of mine and replaced it with a BT 8500 (now superceded by the 8600) cordless phone/answering machine/call blocker which in my opinion has a better call blocker built in. I don't think the CPR unit was affecting anything but as soon as you report a fault initial testing will identify the cause as a loop error. So if you are happy with performane you could stick with it unless you have a fault then remove it before making a fault report.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Call Blocker causing "error"?

Thanks for explaining that so I understand it! As it seems to being doing the job I will stick with it for the time being but an all in one seems to be the way forward.

I bought the Panasonic phone because everyone said how good they were and the BT one I wanted was out of stock. Poor screen and not very intuitive.  Maybe time for a change.

TVM!