Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPR Call Blocker - QNs for users

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

CPR Call Blocker - QNs for users

I've asked CPR, after reading a downloaded manual, but:
The first question was about fitting the blocker at an extension socket with a second (unblocked) phone in another socket, as our two "extensions" are wired to the back of the filtered faceplate at the master socket:
Don't use different phones running off extensions, they will cause you more hassle and problems than it's worth in the long run plus you are overloading the socket and power coming through the line. ...... 

Just how much current does the blocker itself draw? (No need to answer this - just rhetorical)
The second was about "1571 phones", as we have a BT Decor 200; though I didn't identify the model Shocked
... not to use a 1571 button phone like the BT DECOR 1200. These phones automatically check the voicemail retrieval system every 30 minutes or so and when it does, it puts your phone into an engaged state which affects the call blocker and it may start randomly blocking calls it shouldn't do. So we advise against using these types of phones. There aren't may of these phones about, so the chances you have one is quite slim.

Not sure what the difference is vs. lifting the handset and listening to the dial tone!
So, anyone have experience of either situation, as the "official" line seems to be (the non-option of) "fit a DECT phone at the master socket with as many handsets as you need". For a partial solution, I could spend a tenner and fit an RJ11/RJ14 connector on the CW1308 and tuck the blocker behind the radiator at the master socket (so no-one treads on it Roll_eyes )
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
3 REPLIES 3
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: CPR Call Blocker - QNs for users

I have it as suggested, on a dect phone off an extension. However I do have an old BT Duet 20 wired in as well.
However it will block all phones as it detects the call and drops it quickly (too quickly for my dect base to even ring) my extension dect sometimes rings once (only), my hard wired phone doesn't even chip.
I find it handy to have next to the phone so I can just press the button to block the current rash of ppi calls from "normal" numbers (01X)
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks for that H-B, I think I shall give it a try as I suspect it's just an "untested setup" that they don't want to support - and also calls about the odd "bleep" from a separate extension because the manual wasn't read properly!
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I don't use 1571 as I have an answerphone, but I love my call blocker, the small laugh I give when I see INTERNATIONAL appear briefly on the display of the handset is a bonus, given I was getting upwards of 3 a day from the spammers telling me my M$ pc was infected Crazy