cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bundled broadband and Anytime+ phone charges when over limits

xxpatrick

Bundled broadband and Anytime+ phone charges when over limits

Hi,
I'm a broadband user who wants to increase his download limit and include home phone. I'm looking at the anytime plus bundled with the 20Gbyte download broadband. Reading the forum and the FAQs I can see that the phone charges get added when you go over your alloted times or use 08... numbers. What happens to the broadband charges if we go over the 20G limit? Currently I get charged on for every 1G extra I use, will that still be the case? If so will this be combined with the phone charges and be capped at the £70 limit?
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: Bundled broadband and Anytime+ phone charges when over limits

Hi there,
Whilst we can't set a combined credit limit over both home phone and broadband, you can set a maximum spend on your broadband connection.  With Broadband Your Way, additional PAYG GBs would be charged at £1 each.
Also, with Broadband Your Way you can either set this to be a fixed usage account or PAYG.  If you choose fixed rate, then your speeds will be restricted to 128Kbps when you hit your limit, or alternatively using PAYG, you will automatically get 1GB added for £1 when you exceed your limit.
xxpatrick

Hi James,
Thanks for the answer, unfortunately all it does is create more questions. Is there a detailed document anywhere (pdf preferably) that sets out the terms and conditions of the bundled package for option 3 Broadband Your Way and Home Phone Anytime+? I'm picking up information from the forum and some from the website but at the moment I don't feel I know all the details. I'm fairly sure that they won't scare me when I see them. What I really want to do is get a better control on my phone and broadband costs and I think that this is the package I need but ....
Patrick
paulby
Grafter

Quote from: xxpatrick
What happens to the broadband charges if we go over the 20G limit? Currently I get charged on for every 1G extra I use, will that still be the case?

This will still be the case if you've got that option selected.  You can, as James said, set a price limit on your extra usage so that you know the maximum you will spend on broadband.  This can be done here - you'll need to login.
You could also opt not to be charged for extra GB, in which case your speed would be capped until your next billing date should you go over your included usage.
Quote from: xxpatrick
If so will this be combined with the phone charges and be capped at the £70 limit?

No.  The phone credit limit is purely for calls.
There isn't (as far as I'm aware) a specific set of Ts and Cs for the bundled packages as you can effectively mix and match phone and broadband as you choose.  You have two separate products which happen to be billed together. 
The Ts and Cs for broadband and telephony can be found here.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
As the previous poster said the packages for broadband and Home Phone aren't specifically bundles, we just display the most popular combinations as bundles as a lot of customers find this easier.
You can add any of our Home Phone products to any of our broadband products.
The credit limit applies purely to Home Phone, however, as James pointed out you can set your own limits on the Broadband Your Way products to give you extra peace of mind.
If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask. Smiley
xxpatrick

Mand,
Thanks for the reply, I now understand how the billing work; direct debit monthly for the phone, credit card for the broadband and any phone top up bills. Is it possible that you will move over to direct debit billing for both in the future? The more bills that I know as a fixed monthly sum and the less that comes in as a variable amount the less I have to think about.
I'm going to go away and look at my BT bill to make sure I'm not going to get caught out on the 60 minute rule, teenagers don't take much notice of such things.
Patrick
Mand
Grafter

Hi Patrick,
If you pay for Home Phone by DD, you will be billed on the same day, via DD, for Broadband too.
It's not currently possible to pay for one service by one method and the other by another, and is not something I can see the community liking (a major benefit of having the two together is one combined bill).
xxpatrick

Hi Mandy,
Glad to hear that the bundled package is paid on a DD. Does this value change from month to month or is it a fixed value and you pay the top up on a credit card?
Patrick
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The subscription fee is fixed each month, but any call charges will be billed in addition. It's all billed from the same payment but you do get an email a few days before billing to let you know how much it's going to be, and you can keep a check via the Home Phone control panel throughout the month.