cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband value +home phone evenings and weekend package questions.

Lolaan
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Broadband value +home phone evenings and weekend package questions.

At the moment I have my line rental and I am on the unlimited weekend plan with BT , but I pay inTechnology (it used to be Argos) for my phone calls.
I would like to know, if I upgrade my dial up account to broadband value+home phone evening and weekend packages, how long will it take to move my line rental to plusnet, and is £17.74  inclusive of VAT?
Furthermore, my phonecalls are billed by inTechnology, will there be any problems if I move my phone line to Plusnet? Will I be able to use the 1280 prefix to bypass inTechnology and take advantage of the free evenings and weekends phonecalls?
For broadband, how long does it take to receive the router? which courier is used? Do I have to let anyone in my property for anything?
6 REPLIES 6
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Broadband value +home phone evenings and weekend package questions.

We would place your order for broadband first which would complete in around 7 days. After that we would transfer in your telephone which takes around 14 days. Your router would be sent out a few days before the broadband goes active and is sent by Royal Mail. So long as your letterbox is big enough then you won't need to be in for the delivery.
Your broadband would be £6.49 ongoing, telephone line rental with Talk Evenings and Weekends would be £11.25, making a total of £17.74 per month as an ongoing price.
We can't split your calls across to another provider automatically so the 1280 prefix wouldn't apply any more. All calls would route through us automatically.
Edit: typo
Lolaan
Rising Star

We can't split your calls across to another provider automatically so the 1280 prefix wouldn't apply any more. All calls would route through us automatically

Does that mean my calls won't be paid to inTechnology but will be paid to Plusnet? 
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yes.
Lolaan
Rising Star

I have a direct debit with inTechnology, what will happen with it? Will my account with inTechnology be closed and/or transfered to Plusnet automatically? Do I have to do anything? What if I chose to pay Plusnet with a credit or debit card? Will there be a problem with that direct debit?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I always recommend to check with your current provider about what restrictions / contract lengths / cancellation terms they insist on, then phone after the transfer has completed to ensure they close your account.
We have no authority to close your account with your old provider, even after we have taken over the service. However, your arrangements with them will not affect our transfer or billing arrangements.
Lolaan
Rising Star

It is getting a bit complicated, when I registered with that account, it started by being Argos, then Evoxus, now inTechnology took over evoxus in 2007. Now I can't even log into my account on their website anymore because my evoxus username and password don't work on the inTechnology website.
I think I will have first to move to Plusnet, then when my calls are rerouted to Plusnet, call inTechnology to close my account.