cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband phone problems

allaboutoffice
Dabbler

Broadband phone problems

Does anyone else find their broadband phone cutting out part way through calls?  I use the Speedtouch 316 router and have plugged a normal cordless phone into its phone port.  I did have it working OK (apart from calls regularly cutting out after only 1 minute) but I had to reset my router and now all I get is a continuous unavailable tone.  I've entered the server and proxy details and all the right port numbers, can anyone suggest what might be wrong?  Huh
Andrea
http://www.allaboutoffice.co.uk
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Broadband phone problems

Have you tried using a software phone to see if the same issue is apparent on there?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
allaboutoffice
Dabbler

I don't sit near my PC at the times when someone might ring me.  My mum rang me today and we were only able to speak for about a minute before it cut out, that was using a plain BT wired phone plugged into the Speedtouch router.
I have bought a differet ATA VOIP router box as well but I haven't been able to get it to work, it asks for things like service name and I can't suss out whether I've got the right settings.
Andrea Jones
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
You can find some setup info here.
If it's the Speedtouch 716 you have with an ATA, you can find the setup guide specific to that here.