cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband light flashing, no internet light on at all & no dial tone on phone

Ksm
Hooked

Broadband light flashing, no internet light on at all & no dial tone on phone

Hi, need a reply off Plusnet if possible? Got a new phone line in 4/12th, had text to say phone is activated (but no dial tone) & text yesterday to say my broadband order is complete, but broadband light flashing green & no internet light on at all Sad
12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Broadband light flashing, no internet light on at all & no dial tone on phone

If you have no dial tone then you will not get any broadband. Your first action should be to chase the phone fault as that tends to be treated with higher priority. Once that's fixed you may find that broadband works without further intervention.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ksm
Hooked

Re: Broadband light flashing, no internet light on at all & no dial tone on phone

Do i chase that up with plusnet? Thanks for the advice, iv never had any issues in the past with other providers, but decided i couldnt be without it any longer!lol
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

I think the support lines are now closed, but if PlusNet is your phone provider, then yes, chase them up.

You may be lucky and get one of the helpful staff members spot your post, but it will likely to be quicker to give them a call.

Ksm
Hooked

Yea, i seen them reply to others a couple of times on here, but il give them a call tmrw. Thanks guys x
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. If you haven't already, I'd run a line test here.

Regardless of the message you see at the end, check here for any signs of an open ticket, which may indicate the troubleshooter has found a problem and reported it to Openreach.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ksm
Hooked

Hi there, i ran about 3 line tests & another 1 just now, & it just takes me to an "ooops sonething seems to have gone wrong" page with a number to call, which i have also tried, but had to hang up due to the long waiting time ☹️
Baldrick1

@Ksm

A tip for you, now you have Gandalf's (a member of PN' staff and a really helpful guy) attention reply to him as follows using '@':

@Gandalf

As the OP has no dial tone and hence no phone or broadband there is no way to log in henceas far as I can see  the troubleshooter cannot work. Am I correct in suggesting that th OP needs to report a phone fault or can you check this out from you end?

Moderator and Customer

Ksm
Hooked

@Gandalf, you are good to know! Wink
Iv been online chatting to a couple of guys, everything looks fine from your end it seems, so i have an engineer coming out tuesday 12th. Any help sooner would really be appreciated
Baldrick1

When I recommended that you reply to Gandalf I didn't realise you had already contacted PN and they had already run the tests I had in mind. Have PN talked you through basic tests at your end, for example:

Have you tried plugging a known working wired phone into the test socket, that's the one behind the removable front socket of the master socket? This will remove all your internal wiring. Do not use the filter for this test

Moderator and Customer

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the delayed response on here.

It looks like an engineer is assigned to the job at the moment. Can you let us know how it goes when they've gone?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ksm
Hooked

Hi @Gandalf, yea he has just left earlier, all working now👍🏻 so happy! He said it was something to do with the outside box?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

We can't see the exact cause as it isn't clear in the notes but glad to hear it's sorted.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team