cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband ADSL activated on the 27th March but wanting some info on phone please

Moominfish
Grafter

Broadband ADSL activated on the 27th March but wanting some info on phone please

I'm due to migrate from Virgin ADSL to Plusnet ADSL on the 27th of March sometime around 12pm on that date, but I've got some questions if a member of Plusnet would be kind enough to answer them please?
I currently get Virgin ADSL on a quite old (now non existent product) called Bundle one which included upto 8 meg Broadband and Unlimited calls to landlines starting with 01,02 etc 24/7 so I could ring anyone with a landline free of charge all day, but now I'm leaving Virgin I won't get free calls to all landlines anymore so my question is the below as it's all VERY complicated to me,
I'm wanting to now request my phone line rental be transferred from B.T to Plusnet and pay Plusnet £11.but am unsure as to if I'll be penalised or not because I had B.T at my old house from October 2007 until June 2009 when I moved house then I had to pay B.T £122.99 (or there abouts) to install a brand new line at the house I moved to, and presumably (although i'm not sure) I must have had to sign up to a new 12 month contract with B.T for line rental? Now I've already signed up for Plusnet ADSL as mentioned and was wondering if it's even possible to get the phone line through Plusnet now without it interupting the Broadband service once it goes live on the 27th of March? As I read here http://www.plus.net/residential/bundles.shtml that it would cost from £28.24 for Plusnet Premium, phone line rental including the talk anytime package, is that correct? As I've jst been on the Plusnet site, signed in and it says "There's something we should mention... You can't change your products for the moment, there is a problem with your next billing date. Please try again later." is that because I'm not activated on the broadband yet? It's all very confusing and I'd appreciate if someone from Plusnet can answer my questions.
To clarify here's what I am currently on until the 27th of March, Virgin Media ADSL upto 8 megabytes Bundle one including anytime landline calls for £19.99 and I pay B.T £11.54 a month for line rental which only includes Unlimited UK Weekend calls from midnight on Friday to midnight on Sunday. which is a bit crap!
And with both Broadband through Plusnet and Home phone with Talk Anytime it would cost £28.24 per month for the first 3 months then £36.24 after 3 months but I will be getting the premium Broadband package free for the 1st 4 months according to what I signed upto, so I'm thinking I should probably just pay Plusnet for the Broadband @ £19.99 per month and B.T £11.54 per month for the phone line and just take their unlimited package which including line rental from them will cost me £16.53 per month, that way it won't mess up the 4 months free offer from Plusnet either.
Sorry for all the questions, just wanted to clarify things.
Thank you