Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing over my phone number

Exdee
Grafter

Bringing over my phone number

Hello everybody,
I have placed an order for plusnet phone and fibre. I am currently with Sky and wish to retain my land-line number as it would be too much of a hassle otherwise. When placing the order online I was presented with a screen which said I could retain my number but that's about it. It wasn't presented as a question or something I could tick in any of the sign up information.
My question is that can one of the Plusnet techies confirm if they will be porting my number over. If not please advise the steps necessary to bring my phone number over.
Thank you,
Exdee
9 REPLIES 9
Exdee
Grafter

Re: Bringing over my phone number

Got an email confirming they are transferring my number. Thank you plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The stumbling block if this goes wrong is usually Sky not releasing the number. Was this a number you had before you moved the line to Sky?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
les37b
Grafter

Yikes
I just realised I never even saw an option to keep my number when I placed my order yesterday!
Keeping the number is essential. (I paid a premium for my number to BT and thats now with the third party provider I currently use!
Can someone check my number is being kept?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Exdee,
Glad to see that things are coming along, if you've any questions then please give me a shout.
@les37b
It look's like we're trying to port a number over ending 333, is this the correct number?
Chris
Exdee
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
The stumbling block if this goes wrong is usually Sky not releasing the number. Was this a number you had before you moved the line to Sky?

I was in another city before that. This number was provided by Sky. I have read about things like this going wrong in the past but hopefully in this day and age it should be fine.
James
Grafter

Are you saying that you want to keep the phone number you had whilst living in a different city?
If that is the case, I am afraid that we would not be able to keep your phone number as it would be determined by the exchange that you are connected to.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

As it's a number allocated by Sky you might have difficulties. If it was a number you took to Sky there should be no issues.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Exdee
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Are you saying that you want to keep the phone number you had whilst living in a different city?
If that is the case, I am afraid that we would not be able to keep your phone number as it would be determined by the exchange that you are connected to.

Nope. That was in response to the question if I bought the number over from another provider to Sky.
Quote from: jelv
As it's a number allocated by Sky you might have difficulties. If it was a number you took to Sky there should be no issues.

Embarrassed
les37b
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
les37b
It look's like we're trying to port a number over ending 333, is this the correct number?

Top banana.  Smiley