cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking outgoing calls

kil2k
Dabbler

Blocking outgoing calls

Hi. Is it possible to block calls to mobile phones? If not, is it possible to block all outgoing calls [apart from emergency services of course]?
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Blocking outgoing calls

Hiya,
We're not able to block calls to mobile phones, but we are able to block all outgoing calls for a nominal fee.
I think it's something like £5.87.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

A similar query was raised as PUGIT 335  but did not raise much interest at the time?  Put into 'Hold' status after 8 months having only attracted two votes. Undecided   
If there is a resurgence of interest in this feature it could be re-opened, but there would need to be some reasonable case to justify the development effort that would be needed.
A big stick might be more immediate and effective Crazy
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

itsme
Grafter

Can't read the PUG 335 so don't know if it's explained there but what development is needed? As this is a service sold by Openreach surely it's just a billing issue.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

If I'm not mistaken, that may not include blocking operator 100, but I can vaguely recall some option somewhere in the past that involved using PIN numbers.
itsme
Grafter

Good point didn't think about that work around for barred calls so looked up the feature and:
It is also essential to remember that calls can be made via an operator unless they are barred with code 4

So look like you have to use multiple codes to set it up.