cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking a specific number

johnandstace

Blocking a specific number

Is this possible? It's not a company/spam number. It belongs to an individual.
5 REPLIES 5
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Blocking a specific number

With a call blocker or call blocking phone (such as BT8600 DECT system) and caller display active. The 2 handset BT8600 is a few UKP more than a blocker and has more facilities.

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buy a CPR Call Blocker.

You can pick these up for about £20 to £25, and are worth every penny !

Using this, we went from about 35 unwanted calls per DAY, to about one per month.

Blocking a single number will be easy, but when your caller decides to use 'number withheld', then the 'CPR Call Blocker' can be programmed to block anonymous calls as well.

Wink

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I'm sorry that you're experiencing nuisance calls. The above suggestions are good. We also offer a service called Choose to Refuse for £6 every 3 months (the first 3 months being free). This allows you to block individual numbers. If you find that the nuisance numbers start to become withheld, our Anonymous Call Reject service for £4 per month (first month free) can automatically block all withheld numbers.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

A few additional comments:

a call blocker/phone is a "one-off" cost equivalent to 12-18 months of each of the phone provider equivalents

incoming call blocking requires caller display

the "phone" option (usually/always?) also provides an answerphone, call screening (see Virtual Assistant) and outgoing call (premium etc) blocking (and may allow you to see recent numbers that have been blocked,)

an unblocked CLI phone in parallel with the blocker will show blocked calls as "missed", usually without ringing - though that ringer can be turned off Smiley

Phil

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PeeGee wrote:

a call blocker/phone is a "one-off" cost equivalent to 12-18 months of each of the phone provider equivalents

Using Plusnet's figures quoted above -

"Choose to Refuse for £6 every 3 months"

"Anonymous Call Reject service for £4 per month"

Then a "CPR Call Blocker" available for about £20 would be the equivalent of just over 3 months of Plusnet prices.

@PeeGee wrote:

an unblocked CLI phone in parallel with the blocker will show blocked calls as "missed", usually without ringing - though that ringer can be turned off Smiley

Using my Gigaset DECT wireless base unit in series with a CPR Call Blocker, wanted calls work as expected on all handsets, however the blocked calls don't cause the handsets to ring and are terminated before the answer machine kicks in, BUT the caller ID does appear in the handsets missed call log - so is useful for monitoring what is going on.