Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Nuisance Calls.

trymyluck
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Blocking Nuisance Calls.

Can someone kindly enlighten me as to how one can set up my home phone in order to block nuisance calls?  I have logged on to Plusnet website in the hope that I would find an answer but find it refers to pages "Home Control Panel and Plusnet Call Protect" neither of which I  can find.  I have also read reference to 1572 which, when I ring, says "This Service is Not Available". 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Re: Blocking Nuisance Calls.

Hi @trymyluck

If you take a look at the Plusnet call protect link, there is an option that says "Add Plusnet call protect" which will take you directly there. You can also click the direct link here.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

trymyluck
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hello Dean,

Yesterday ( Monday 20th Aug.2018) I did as you suggested and clicked on "Add Plusnet call protect".

Today, when I ring 1572, I still get a message "This service is not available". Is it a question of the time needed to set up the service or is it more fundamental?  I do not use Voicemail so maybe this disqualifies me from using Call Protect.

Regards,

tml

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @trymyluck

I have created a ticket on your account which you can access here, this explains the actions I have taken.

Looking through our documentation there is no confirmation that 1571 is required to have 1572, in the ticket I have also provided full details on how to use 1572.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Jubby wrote:

Looking through our documentation there is no confirmation that 1571 is required to have 1572...

There is no requirement. Smiley

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)