cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be to Phone and FTTC, should I be concerned?

amstrat

Be to Phone and FTTC, should I be concerned?

I'm moving from an LLU ADSL and phone package over to a Plusnet FTTC and phone package. I've got an engineer booked for the 20th August for the broadband and the member portal says that the phone will take 2-3 weeks after that.
After reading other some other messages on the forum about the phone being disconnected when the broadband is migrated (due to Be not allowing a phone account on its own, only along with broadband), which then means the already migrated broadband is disconnected, am I worrying unnecessarily about how this will go next week?
I'm not sure if I should just see what happens and the majority of migrations from Be go fine or if most go badly due to the order of the broadband/phone move and I should point it out to some one via a ticket now so that steps could be taken to avoid any hiccup.
Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Be to Phone and FTTC, should I be concerned?

Hi there,
I'm just asking our provisioning team about that now for you, our system should place the order to transfer the phone as soon as it picks up that the order is complete so provided there's no cease in place at that time things should be fine. IIRC Be should allow two weeks for the phone to migrate, but maybe it'd be worth getting in touch with them just to confirm that the transfer out of the phone will happen as soon as the broadband has moved so please allow as long as possible for that to complete and maybe even contact you prior to any changes being made?
amstrat

Thanks, that sounds like good advice. I'll get in touch with them to see what they say.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: amstrat
Be not allowing a phone account on its own, only along with broadband

That is correct, phone is an add-on to your Be broadband account.
Best to talk to Be to explain, but it seems that normally there is a 30-day period in which they will allow the phone to continue.
Problems often seem to occur when the phone transfer somehow kills the broadband or locks up the migration process, or there are delays with the BT monolith. Best to migrate the phone first.  Wink
amstrat

Quote from: HPsauce
Best to talk to Be to explain, but it seems that normally there is a 30-day period in which they will allow the phone to continue.

Thanks, I'll have a word with them.
amstrat

I've had a few conversations with Be and decided to add an extra month onto my Be service so that the cancellation date for that service will be on the 1/10/2013 to give the whole migration process more of a fighting chance.
I've also had confirmation from them that the landline won't be disconnected as soon as the broadband is migrated on the 20th.
Thanks for advice!