cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Holiday Call Charges

CuBz
Grafter

Bank Holiday Call Charges

Hi, Someone told me that some service providers allow free calls for bank holidays. Is this the case for plusnet?
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Bank Holiday Call Charges

Nope
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi CuBz,
Jim's is the short answer, but to expand on that a Monday is just a Monday and no exceptions are made for bank holidays. AFAIK this is the same for all operators.
Jojo Smiley
dsw
Grafter

Can anyone confirm whether this is still true? I made a call yesterday and it's showing as free. I'm on the evening/weekend plan.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Was the call to another Plusnet phone service customer?  Such calls used to be free at all times and that may still be the case. Though I cannot find this mentioned on the main pages or in the tariff tables it is mentioned here.
http://community.plus.net/blog/2009/04/06/home-phone-changes-faq/#9
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes dsw that's still true, and unfortunately that's a very old FAQ alanf, here is the current FAQ and this has a link to the Home Phone Tariff page. The 5th blue header down - Plusdnet to Plusnet calls - free. Caution - hang up after the 59th minute and re-dial or you will incur the per minute charge.
There is an error on that FAQ page para.3 where it omits to mention Call Return is 10p per use
Unfortunately, there are some errors elsewhere on the Home Phone Tariff page -
International Fixed & Mobile - Discounted countries (only available on Anytime) - there should be a 12.5p set up fee at the end of that table.
Top 20 International Fixed & Mobile - Talk Anytime International 300 (called Talk Anytime before 17th December 2010) - there should be a 12.5p set up fee at the end of that table (calls are free when part of those inclusive minutes).
Standard pence per minute calls - Call Return - Is 10p per use
Fixed Fee Charge Calls - there is a set up fee at the end of the table which is incorrect - there is no set up fee on Fixed Fee Charge Calls.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Thanks anotherone I missed that one line in the middle of the tariff table.
Strange that Plusnet does not make more of this in its publicity. It might encourage Plusnet phone customers who do not have Anytime to enlist family and friends so that they can exchange daytime calls at no extra cost.
dsw
Grafter

That's a very good point. I didn't know until now that Plusnet to Plusnet calls were free anytime. Thank you for clarification! 🙂