cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad service

gissmo46
Dabbler

Bad service

Angry  The service from Plusnet is terrible.  It's so slow taking days to get any replies, then it's another week before BT fix it..  At the end of this contract I will definitely not be renewing.  I am fed up with not having a phone or broadband  for days.  It was only last week BT came and fixed the line and now it's gone again. 
14 REPLIES 14
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Bad service

You have to distinguish between Plusnet being slow to respond to you and BT Openreach being slow to respond to Plusnet.  If your problem is the latter you aren't going to do any better with any other ISP or telephone service provider unless you switch to cable and avoid Openreach completely.  That's not to say Plusnet offer perfect service, but you might be jumping out of the frying pan and into another frying pan when you switch provider. 
gissmo46
Dabbler

My problem is with the time it takes Plusnet to respond.  BT aren't to bad.its the time Plusnet take to report faults and to respond.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gissmo46,
We're sorry to hear that you've seen the problems return on the line. While we do attempt to get faults fixed as soon as possible we do have to adhere to the service level agreements in place with our suppliers. This can mean wait times on faults can run onto 24, 48 and even 72 hours before we hear anything back so while we completely appreciate your frustrations in getting your service back up and running, we have no other option at times.
As you raised the most recent fault to us around midday yesterday we would normally start to see automated testing results come back within 24 to 48 hours, as this time frame hasn't yet passed it isn't out of the ordinary to have heard something.
As you've drawn our attention to this I have now made sure this is fully raised for you and sped up the initial diagnostics in order to try and reduce the wait times for you. It seems that the initial fault checks returned a "No Fault Found" conclusion although this isn't to say that there is no fault. As such I have now raised this for further details faults diagnostics and we should have an update back on the support ticket for you shortly.
gissmo46
Dabbler

Bt have been to fix the line down the road and ours has been fixed too.  Broadband is still running very slow.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the update gissmo46,
Just checking your line profile on our side as well as running the line checks on our suppliers side, this seems to show the the speed isn't being restricted anywhere. Are you able to look at running some speed tests outline in this link and provide us with the details of the outcome, that should help us identify where the issues sit.

Thanks again
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Quote from: Adam
While we do attempt to get faults fixed as soon as possible we do have to adhere to the service level agreements in place with our suppliers. This can mean wait times on faults can run onto 24, 48 and even 72 hours before we hear anything back so while we completely appreciate your frustrations in getting your service back up and running, we have no other option at times.

Adam,
Are these SLA response time "windows" those requested / purchased / contracted by PN with BTw / BTOR or are those times dictated by that local copper network monopoly?  In other words PN has no choice.  Are better SLA response times available and if so, what might the additional cost per subscriber be, if such a service where required?
Does PN have management performance stats identifying the profile of the "delay time" between a subscriber raising a line fault issue with PN and it being passed over to BT?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Service level description here and here
Pricing info here
I think these just apply to telephony faults
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: Townman
Does PN have management performance stats identifying the profile of the "delay time" between a subscriber raising a line fault issue with PN and it being passed over to BT?

Good question, particularly as the OP says: 
Quote from: gissmo46
My problem is with the time it takes Plusnet to respond.  BT aren't to bad.its the time Plusnet take to report faults and to respond.

Quote from: Adam
we would normally start to see automated testing results come back within 24 to 48 hours,

If you are a BT customer then an automatic test is run automatically and immediately when you call to report a telephone fault.  Does it really take Plusnet between 24 and 48 hours to achieve the same thing? 
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you are a BT customer then an automatic test is run automatically and immediately when you call to report a telephone fault.  Does it really take Plusnet between 24 and 48 hours to achieve the same thing? 

No, if you call up we would be able to perform the testing whilst you were on the call, however, if you raise it via the ticketing system then it may take us 24-48 hours to pick this up.
The SLA's are set by Openreach, however, there are times that faults may take longer to resolve depending on the complexity. I'm sure we can all appreciate that certain faults are more complex than others and that the SLA is a guideline for best efforts.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

gissmo46,
I've updated your Faults ticket and confirmed that our suppliers are estimating to have resolved the fault by 10/07/14 17:00:00. Our Faults team will check back after this time for further updates.
gissmo46
Dabbler

What a suprise it rained yesterday and now my phone is dead for the third time in three weeks.  This is just not good enough I should get a line refund for all the aggravation.
gissmo46
Dabbler

I wish I could call Plusnet but I dont have a working phone.  I will have to wait till Monday or Tuesday before PN reply to my ticket, and then a few more days for BT to respond, by that time a week has gone by with out anything being done.  Then I will get the line fixed until it rains again then we go through the whole thing again.  At least when I was with BT it was quicker as you cut out the middle man.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi gissmo46,
Sorry to hear this has gone down again, given the issues you've seen I picked this up a few minutes ago and have tested the line and raised a fault for you. The issue was identified straight away and it looks as though they're going to be despatching an engineer who won't need access to your property to fix this.
We don't have a committed fix date just yet so if you keep an eye on the faults ticket you should see this updated as soon as we have the information.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: ReedRichards

BT also allow anyone to initiate a line test from their website - Presumably this means that BTO expose the functionality via an API?