cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad line

chopsy69
Hooked

Bad line

I have had this problem a few months ago and it is back again when you try to call out the line is very distorted and crackly and you can’t hear each other as the noise is so loud also when someone calls me it says there is a fault on the line but the line checker on plusnet site doesn’t work it just says results were unclear please try again

3 REPLIES 3
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: Bad line

Why not ring up and report a fault?

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Online checker always seems to say outcome is unclear; time PN fixed this.

Make sure you plug phone into TEST socket inside the OPENREACH Master socket to eliminate

your house wiring being the issue; and try an alternative phone too.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @chopsy69, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your phone service recently. I can see looking over your account it looks like you've got the fault reported and I can see the external issue we're detected has the estimated response time of Monday by 23:59. This standard 2 full working day turnaround time is the usual time frame we get for external issues like this however we can and do sometimes see faults resolved sooner.

In which case, should you till be having issues with the service come Tuesday then please do let us know and we'll happily chase this up further. Once the fault is resolved then we'd be happy to work out the refunds and compensation due your way. If there's anything further we can help with in the meantime then please do let us know.