Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad line?

FIXED
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Bad line?

People are still reporting a bad line when I ring them.

I've done all the required tests on the line, only thing is I don't have another handset to test the line on.

I have a Dental appointment in a bit, so I can't ring up and be on hold for half an hour to annoying music before someone talks to me.

Do you see? Cheesy
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@MrAllen2021 If you have a 'faulty master socket' what is the 'fault'? Otherwise, as suggested by @Gandalf in message #4, report a fault at 'faults.plus.net'.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @MrAllen2021,

I've tested your line this afternoon and as my colleagues have previously reported, I'm afraid we're unable to detect an underlying fault on the line. Having re-read through this thread a couple of times, I can't help but wonder if assumptions are being made about what the actual cause of these problems are. You've stated a couple of times now that there's a fault with the master socket, but I can't see any clarification as to how you've determined this or what the actual fault is. If the phone seems to operate better when the faceplate of the socket is removed from the equation then I would simply suggest not reattaching as it should work for it's intended purposes. The only problem with this is that any extension sockets in the property wouldn't work, so if you rely on these then my other suggestion would be to buy a replacement faceplate for the master socket, which is relatively cheap and easy to do. I'd also ask if you ended up trying another phone handset as well as this is something that could explain poor call quality. 

If there really is a fault with the landline then we're happy to help and progress our investigation, however I'm afraid that does mean an engineer visit would be required at this stage, if all of the internal troubleshooting hasn't resolved the problem. I can see you've raised a fault ticket and I can make the necessary arrangements to advance to the next stage of investigation, just let us know how you wish to proceed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

I've just come off the phone to your colleague, a guy called [CSA Removed], I've booked an Engineer to come between 13.00 and 18.00 next Tuesday.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Do you see? Cheesy
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm glad to hear this is progressing along further now @MrAllen2021. If there's any sort of problem with the investigation just leave a message on here and we'll be happy to take a look into it with you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

Well a bloke called Frazer arrived from OR around 13.30 today, he tested my line and said it was faulty equipment from their end that was the problem so I don't have to pay the 65 quid! They sent me another text about an hour ago and the line's now clear as a bell and works perfectly.

Thanks for all your help Plusnetters,

Do you see? Cheesy
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

@TheMightyAJ 

It would be interesting to examine the engineer's rectification notes and ask the questions in the appropriate quarter why the fault was not detected by the line test tools.

Then put this on the "When all else fails..." list!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @Townman,

Based on the engineer notes it seems like the problem was with the equipment located in the exchange, though it's been stated that the hardware wasn't necessarily faulty, just in need of an upgrade/maintenance. This may explain why our line tests didn't return any specific fault conditions and it's definitely worth monitoring from @MrAllen2021's end for a little longer. If there are any further issues then just drop an update in here and we'll be happy to review the case further Smiley

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
MrAllen2021
Aspiring Pro

The problem seems to be sorted now.

Only thing was last night I was noticing the Internet was a bit slow.

Do you see? Cheesy
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Can you please post your router stats.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.