cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT's Extortionate rates!

neil3045
Grafter

BT's Extortionate rates!

I have recently moved into a rented place and I am now penniless! And to make matters worse there isnt even a damn phone socket in the house! To have A BT engineer in to put one in for me is gonna run into hundreds! As a result I'm thinking of switching to a bt package which includes a free engineer visit. My neighbour refused to pay BT a few weeks back for an engineer visit and got one for 40 quid! Anyone know how I cant get a similar deal??  Huh
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: BT's Extortionate rates!

take up the PN home phone/broadband mix, think its cheaper than your quote
neil3045
Grafter

I'm already with plusnet for broadband at my previous address. I rang up to set up a phone line with them and have broadband transfered soon after, but due to having no phone sockets they need to send a bt engineer out at an extortionate rate! Sad
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Dont think thats correct, pretty sure they charge in the £40 region for a brand new install
neil3045
Grafter

Hopefully a plusnet staff member will see this post and let me know for sure. The woman I spoke to on the phone said it would be cheaper to get a freelance engineer out! It would certainly be nice to get the internet again, you dont realise how much you need it till its gone! lol
James
Grafter

Hi Neil,
We charge £49.99 for a new phone line installation.
What were you being quoted?
reserved
Grafter

James beat me to it  Grin
I was just going to post:
Connection charges for Plusnet Talk Services
The following connection charges apply for Plusnet Talk services.
Charge Cost
New line provide £49.99

from http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html#talk
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi all,
Just to clarify things, Neil sent me a PM earlier asking me the same question and I also informed him of our £49.99 installation charge.
Jojo Smiley
magnetism2772
Grafter

It would certainly be nice to get the internet again, you dont realise how much you need it till its gone! lol

a cheap deal , telephones are not my forte ,with all the techie info being passed back and forth here  Cool
the internet is rather like a dream than an assurance
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Until until 30th September 2010 BT are offering connection for £29.99 with an 18-month contract. Ts&Cs apply.
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...