cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT phonebooks

Bud
Grafter

BT phonebooks

Are you as a plusnet home phone customer still supposed to get a telephone directory?
13 REPLIES 13
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: BT phonebooks

As far as we know, yes - we don't have a hand in that process, all the phone books are sent out by a third party. As the line is still owned by BT though, you should receive one.
Bud
Grafter

I was just wondering as our neighbours have had the new book and none was left here  Angry
Mand
Grafter

I'm a Plusnet customer and I got one last week, as Matt says you should get one as you're a BT Wholesale customer.
We can order them direct from the 3rd party, however this is quite expensive (around the £10 mark last time I checked).
Bud
Grafter

So basically you saying that I should get one, but haven't and if I want one I will have to pay for it even though I am supposed to get one...
At least BT doesnt charge to get one when they forget to deliver...
mal0z
Grafter

I left BT about 6 years ago - and have continued to get a local directory
coastergrotto
Grafter

I get mine every year plus the Yellow Pages, the latter goes straight into the Recycling Bin.
mal0z
Grafter

I just found this guidance document on BT Wholesale
http://www.btwholesale.com/pages/static/Pricing_and_Contracts/Interconnect_Manuals.html
look down the bottom for 'Phone Book Manual'
http://www.btwholesale.com/pages/downloads/service_and_support/contractual_information/docs/phonbook...
look for '3.4 Supply of The Phone Book'
'3.4.7  Delivery to the Operator’s customers will be integrated with those to BT's own customers. '
so fairly clear that Telco like PN have to submit orders to BT  Wholesale for them to despatch direct - or they can have them supplied in bulk to themselves to distribute.
Mand
Grafter

Yeah, we request this for all our customers.
I can check with the distributor, to see why you haven't received one, not sure how long it will take to get a reply though.
nadger
Rising Star

Shame there's not an " opt-out" as ours ends up in recycling bin unread.
haggis
Grafter

I only ever have and will continue to use the online phone directory .The last 4 paper ones have all contributed to my compost bin best place for them
pierre_pierre
Grafter

do you shread them first, they make better compost if you do ;D, dont like the yellow colour of the second lot though
coastergrotto
Grafter

The print in the Phone Book is that small I can't read it, so it's straight into the recycle bin along with the Yellow Pages and the Thompson Directory.    Can't be bothered to shred them.
haggis
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
do you shread them first, they make better compost if you do ;D, dont like the yellow colour of the second lot though

Yes takes a little while to do but keeps th estuff getting to wet during the cold weather