Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT phone get out Clause

djflipside
Grafter

BT phone get out Clause

Hi everyone
I have my line with BT on an 18 month contract,  as they are putting up their prices i think you can get out of the contract,  If so what savings could be made moving to plus net for phone aswell.
I currently have the 60gb broadband package,  I want anytime calls,  I currently pay 16.60 with BT so with the broadband of 11.49 im paying  £28.09, can plus net beat this ?
Thanks
Flip
6 REPLIES 6
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: BT phone get out Clause

You must not move from BT until you are officially notified of the price increase. You then have 10 days to inform them that you want out.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/utilities/2011/08/escape-bt-contracts--beat-price-hikes
No one knows how much you will save in the future coming to Plusnet because, as BT Wholesale charges Plusnet for its services, Plusnet call charges will almost certainly increase around the same time as BT's.
lexusuk
Grafter

Hi djflipside,
We currently offer line rental and anytime calls for £15.49 so currently we are slightly lower priced than BT.  However as alanf has pointed out, there's no guarantee that our pricing will be the same in December when BT change their call fees.  Also you should ensure that you are able to exit the contract early before making any changes so that you do not end up being charged.
djflipside
Grafter

Thanks Alex and Alanf,  there has been a press release on there site or do i have to wait until i get a letter ?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Flip,
It's always worth double-checking. Maybe give them a call.
Jojo Smiley
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: djflipside
Thanks Alex and Alanf,  there has been a press release on there site or do i have to wait until i get a letter ?

The link that I  provided seems to answer that question. I know no more than what I read there.
AlaricAdair
Champion

Don't forget PlusNet are owned by BT so despite their much more friendly service they won't be able to undercut BT prices too much.
Have a look at Skype.com, Vonage.com and Sipgate.co.uk to give yourself a feel for what is on the market before making any decision.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.