cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT do not seem interested in fixing faults if you are not a BT customer?

Pancho
Grafter

Re: BT do not seem interested in fixing faults if you are not a BT customer?

Thanks Matt. It was never found what the 3 weeks without a phone was caused by; various 'reasons' were given but, apart from the last one about a jumper box up the road, were a bit vague. Almost at the same time this lady was moved to 21CN and she has mentioned it is a bit faster; are you saying that her IP profile, as set by BT, is 3500? That is rather slow. The exchange is some way off from her and I do not know what it was before this problem. I do not visit her very often but will check her speed and IP Profile when I get there. As I drive about in the Oxford/Witney/Abingdon/Didcot area I see vans wtih Fibre on the side also new boxes appearing so the work of Fibre to Roadside Cabinet goes on. Of course Bampton, where I live, is not on the list.
mollytwo83
Dabbler

sixtiesblue
I agree that transferred calls to mobile should be free as they would be on land line  I have been without my phone now for 6 days and apart from a couple of txts& e/mails the only contact has been from me via my mobile on one occasion waiting 45mins to speak to a human  all advertising info should not be included on the faults line and as am using my mobile for all my calls the result is i have now used my contract  mins up for the month and as i have health issues where my phone is imperative for hospital and family it is now not amusing and will defnitley be reconsidering my contract a.s.a.p
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mollytwo83,
Unfortunately we're still waiting for an engineer to be available though we are still chasing this for you, as soon as this gets booked we'll let you know.
sixtiesblue
Dabbler

What a joke - phone went dead last Wednesday - so no Broadband - Plusnet were so casual about it. Twice in a few days.
It seems tha OFCOM allows BT 48-72 hours to grace you with their godly presence. They state if enough complaints are lodged with them they will take action - dont hold your breath!
All PlusNet did was to take the full amount from my Bank a/c whist I was offline - well done!
Next day the phone line was working again without an engineer in sight - how clever are Open Reach.
A few hours later their engineer rang to say my line had been pulled out in the junction box - I asked why - no clue.
I suspect it was because I wrote a complaint about the previous bodge to the local Manager - no reply of course.
The best part was for Open Reach to say get back in touch if any further problems - How do you do that!
I complained to PN re the full bill - no reply from CS who are now unreachable by phone.