cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT bill

valart
Grafter

BT bill

I have just received my quaterly bt bill which is always about £75 I do not make many calls during that period but I have noticed it as increased by £15 I wondered if I change to PN if I would be able to save that amount with one of the broadband and phone packages.
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: BT bill

Maybe not many calls but I would think they are expensive ones to add up to that amount in a quarter.
Phone line rental from Plusnet will be £12.99 per month from 6th December which includes evening and weekend calls of up to 1hr duration to UK landline and 0845/0870 numbers. Depending on where you call the Talk Anytime plan at £3.50 per month or the Talk Anytime International 300 plan at £5.00 per month might be of benefit.
Line Rental Saver will be launched on 6th December which covers 12 months line rental for a one-off payment of £113.88 (equivalent to £9.49 per month).
The Home Phone Billing and Call Charges Guide is here with Call Charge information detailed from Section 6. The Home Phone tariff linked from that page is here.
Daytime calls to landlines will cost 7.5p per minute with a 12.5p set-up charge on non-inclusive calls from 6th December.
David
The_10th
Grafter

Would guess it's mobile phone calls or premium 0844 type numbers are the extra; I know mobile calls can ramp up the bill quickly and is cheaper using my mobile to call a mobile strangely enough  Huh
@spraxyt - good concise info there  Smiley
Would just add here that 1571 voicemail is included with the plusnet packages but not CLI that you get with BT and that would put the price up by 99p currently. Have considered moving from BT too (anytime calls) and would cost me £17.48 for my PN equivalent package although BT Ireland does class calls to the republic as 'local' calls and not international which is something that is partly keeping me with BT as having to pay 'TA Intl 300' brings the cost of PN to about the same as BT.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Valart,
As has been said it depends what type of calls are running your costs up there - international, mobile, local? If you let us know we could advise further Smiley