Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Still charging me for my landline

ibrox40
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

BT Still charging me for my landline

Hi
I moved to plus net months ago, broadband and phone now my broadband swtched to plusnet no problem however my landline is still with BT.
I called your customer service they admitted it was their fault and would sort it.
Still my landline is with BT
I had this email assuring they'd resolve this but still haven't.

Question 106406967 has been closed

Hello *******,
Account username: *******
Our Support Team have closed Question 106406967 with the comment shown below.

Dear *********
This is to confirm that your order phone order is in progress and this is due for completion on the 15/07/15
The reference for this order is:
OR0000004772406
3-118989532418
Should you have any problems then please give us a call on 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200 or you can raise a ticket http://contactus.plus.net.
Kind regards,
Oliver Cooper

Now fix this is I don't see why I should be the one to chase this up when you are the ones losing money.
BTW you owe me 1months line rental you never provided BT did.
4 REPLIES 4
ibrox40
Dabbler

Re: BT Still charging me for my landline

This is a transcript of our last chat:

Thanks for chatting with Plusnet today, as promised, here's the copy our conversation.
General Info
Chat start time Jun 25, 2015 6:49:58 PM GMT
Chat end time Jun 25, 2015 7:05:58 PM GMT
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:16:00
Operator Andre
Chat Transcript
info: Thank you for talking to us today - we'll be with you shortly.
All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 3 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 2 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: All of our teams are currently helping other customers. There are 1 customers waiting before you. Thanks for your patience.
info: You are now chatting with Andre.
*******: : I've just had a bill from bt charging me £16.99 line rental however I switched to you last month. Last months line rental I paid you
Andre: I see, we'll need to check your account.
Andre: Please may I take the first and last characters of your password please?
*******: : link:csa removed
Andre: I don't believe we ever actually took over your phone.
Andre: I'll have to place a new phone order
*******: : Took joint broadband and phone
*******: : with you and last month you charged me line rental
Andre: Well that was the intention yes, but the phone side of things never transferred, hence the old supplier still billing you.
*******: : thats not my faultt
Andre: I never said it was Graham
*******: : ok but why was line rental charged last month
Andre: you paid that months bill (broadband and phone) before either service was active as we bill in advance.
Andre: I have arranged for the phone order to be placed again, please monitor the progress of that on TICKET: *****
*******: : will i be refunded for last month?
Andre: Any money that we have taken for services you did not will be refunded yes, but only once the issue is resolved as we will not know how much is owed until that point.
Andre: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Graham Boyd: is there anything i need to do?
Andre: No, now that we are aware of the problem, we will take care of all of that for you. You should probably query your refund though once we advise you the phone is with us.
*******: ok will i lose internet connection at any time?
Andre: no the phone transfer should go through independently.
********: ok thanks
Andre: It’s been great chatting to you today. I really appreciate your time and would love to hear any feedback that you might have.
Please click this link to close the chat and answer a few questions about the experience you have had with me today.
Don’t forget to subscribe to <a href="www.youtube.com/user/plusnethelp” target="_blank">Plusnet Help on YouTube for further help and support.
Enjoy the rest of your day!
info: Thank you for chatting with us.  Please click the "End Conversation" button on the top right of the chat window to tell us how we did today.
adie:green removed password letters
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've left a ticket on your account regarding this matter Here.
Admittedly I'm not happy about the way this has been handled and as I have said in the ticket I will be making sure to pass feedback on to the relevant agents/their managers.
Thank you for your patience and for bringing this matter to my attention.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ibrox40
Dabbler

Thank you. Looks like it going to get fixed now as BT sent me a leaving email.
Also I am owed 1 months line rental I paid for and never received, cam you please check my direct debit has been set as I had to pay the 1st payment by credit card as the direct debit  hadn't been set up (on your side)
Thanks
I'll use the forum in the future as this seems to get things done.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I issued the refund at the same time I placed the order. Apologies that I didn't confirm this at the time.
Technically it shouldn't have been refunded, as it would have still covered the first month of line rental from the time your phone line comes over to us, however I did refund it as a gesture of goodwill due to the delays in bringing your phone service over to us. Basically this way you'll get 1 month free line rental Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet