Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Price Increase

alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: BT Price Increase

Quote from: Petard
Especially given that one could make the same call for 8p from a mobile (Tesco's PAYG 'Lite' tariff) or less.

If I read the tariff correctly Tesco charges 8p PLUS 8p per minute. So for a full 1 minute call the cost would be 16p - still a saving.
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Quote from: nadger
I could be interested if PN were to offer a nicely reduced annual up front phone line fee.
I am another who would be interested.
With the current BT package I am currently on I pay Line rental plus a fixed sum each month which gives me free calls during the day (not just after 7pm) and the total per month is around £18 including the line rental. There would be an additional saving on this if I was prepared to pay 12 months rental in advance.
Perhaps PN might consider testing out 12 month contracts for line rental & Broadband offering similar services as BT but at a lower rate.
PN is the least expensive Broadband supplier so why not offer a good range of phone or phone/broadband packages.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've flagged the idea up internally, thanks for that. I wouldn't expect any feedback immediately but awareness has been raised.
Petard
Rising Star

Quote from: alanf
If I read the tariff correctly Tesco charges 8p PLUS 8p per minute. So for a full 1 minute call the cost would be 16p - still a saving.

I see why you'd think that, but no, it's not a connection charge, it's a minimum charge per call (so it'd be 8p for even a 1s call, and pro-rata after the first minute - 12p for 90s etc.). Our House Spare mobile is on this tariff, and I can vouch that one-minute call really is only 8p.
The_10th
Grafter

Like all mobile calls - connection = a full minute regardless of 1 or 60s used and part thereof for following mins.
Will plusnet be increasing their line rental and other charges or any plans to given BT are doing so in December?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Will plusnet be increasing their line rental and other charges or any plans to given BT are doing so in December?

We've got no plans to do that at the moment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
djflipside
Grafter

Really happy, just used the 10 day loophole due to the BT price increase to get out of my remaning 14 month BT contract to move over to plus net for Phone.  Very happy indeed !
Thanks BT, done me a favour at last !  Smiley Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Give me a shout if you hit any problems moving the phone service over and I'll get on the case.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
djflipside
Grafter

Thanks Adam, hope it moves over all ok.  Smiley
Anon
Pro

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

We've got no plans to do that at the moment.

Whoops just a few days later they announce line rental increase, call charge increase and set up charge increase.
I suppose at the moment means we are not telling you yet.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: gleneagles
There would be an additional saving on this if I was prepared to pay 12 months rental in advance.
Perhaps PN might consider testing out 12 month contracts for line rental & Broadband offering similar services as BT but at a lower rate.

http://community.plus.net/blog/2011/11/01/home-phone-price-changes/
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Per the judge
he vermin have put up their rip-off "Payment Processing Charge" from £4.50 a quarter to £5.40 (20% increase)

Is one price, perhaps, ex VAT the other VAT incl.?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
nadger
Rising Star

Back on 5th Sept I said that I'd be interested if Plusnet offered a reduced annual payment - as that's now happened I've signed up  Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Indeed you did nadger
Quote from: nadger
I could be interested if PN were to offer a nicely reduced annual up front phone line fee.

and I have followed your lead Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
glloyd
Rising Star

I think it's time OFT and OFCOM looked into pricing. If one provider puts their price up all the others follow. The connection charge alone is getting damn stupid, 12.5p is ridiculous. With modern technology prices should be dropping not increasing several times a year. I will simple use VOIP and mobile where prices are much cheaper.