Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Phone Book availability

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

BT Phone Book availability

When I added PN phone service to my BB package, I requested clarity on continuation of supply of the annual BT Phone book. I was told my request would be noted & it wasn't an issue.

Using CHAT earlier, am now told that you can't help with directory supply & I must request from BT according to [Removed], though BT www says I must request from my service provider ie PN Sad

Clarification please.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: BT Phone Book availability

Hi Gel,

Yet more bad advice from the chat service - whoever set that up has a lot to answer for...!

From the phone help pages... https://www.plus.net/help/phone/about-your-phone-service/

If you want to be listed as 'ex-directory', 'directory enquiries only' or you want your number to be added to The Phone Book from BT, you'll need to get in touch with us.

'Ex-directory' means your number won't be in The Phone Book or The Directory Enquiry service from BT (118500). We automatically list you as ex-directory when you sign up with us.

If you just want a listing in The Directory Enquiry service, your number will only be given to people calling 118500. You won't have a listing in The Phone Book or on The Phone Book or 118500 websites.

Nothing to do with BT Retail!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Read again he's asking about being supplied with a phone book!
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Gel
Aspiring Champion

Thanks all; shall wait & see if PN comment & clarify...and re educate CHAT teams!
In my area is delivered in May each year, hence my query.

Have had the Yellow Pages OK recently.

From BT Phone Book www:

Order a Phone Book

Are you a BT customer?
  • Yes
  • No

Note - orders will automatically be rejected if you are not a BT customer.
If you have any queries regarding this, please contact your Communication Provider.

PLUSNET; that's you!!

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hey there. I've sent your request for a phone book to the correct department. I should receive more information within 72 hours during which time I'll provide you with an update via the ticket on your account.

[Edit]

@Gel My colleague has ordered your new phone book, which should be with you within the next 6-10 working days.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Gel
Aspiring Champion

Thanks; will I have to manually request phone book every year, or will dispatch now happen automatically?Huh

PN CHAT STAFF:

Hopefully they'll be educated on this subject?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've asked our legal team (those who arrange the ordering of the phone books), and should have a response for you tomorrow.
I can pass on feedback for you.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Gel
Aspiring Champion

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

You should receive your phone book annually automatically, however if you don't please get back in touch with us so we can order one manually. Alternatively, I've also been advised that you can call BT yourself on 0800 833 400 Option 1 and request a phone book stating you are a plusnet customer.