Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT LRS ends 15 August

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

BT LRS ends 15 August

Really considering swapping to Plusnet, but can the swap be made seamlessly? I can see the options for monthly line rental and package type, which in my case will be Anytime calls, but nothing to permit me to go straightway to  buy LRS, nor how to get the Caller ID add on.
Can someone advise me, please? The site is somewhat confusing!
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: BT LRS ends 15 August

I logged-on to my account on the morning of my first day of telephone service with Plusnet, went to the Control Panel and turned on Caller ID.  About 5 minutes later I got a message to say it had been turned-on.   
Luzern
Hero

Thanks RR! Smiley
Now to someone, who knows!
Am I in time to change? Can I fix the changeover date so that my service does not get interrupted?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

If your line is with BT or another operator who uses the BT Network, then it'd take 10 working days to the line to move over to us - you wouldn't lose service this would be seamless.
If you're with an operator who uses a different infrastructure, it can take longer, but generally, most transfers are seamless. If you'd like to take LRS, you can select this as an option when you bring your phone over to us.
Luzern
Hero

Thanks Chris! But last minute  Embarrassed on my part, as I had overlooked that BT do not charge for CLI on Anytime taken with LRS, and calls to mobiles the time element is also discounted. On going it seemed that FTTC could be a relatively cheap upgrade considering the savings I might have made. SWMBO thoughts excluded! Wink