Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Diverse X10 lost PIN

Wuz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

BT Diverse X10 lost PIN

I have a couple of these and the one on the base has died. I want to reprogram the remaining one to work on the base.
However, I changed the PIN from 0000 years ago and despite many attempts I can't remember the PIN!
The manual says if this happens I should contact the BT Helpline on 08702 403180. However I am now with Plusnet so I don't expect they would want to help. I was with BT when I bought the phones.
Anybody know how to reset the PIN to 0000? I  pressed S for 10 seconds but that has just wiped the directories!
Thanks in advance for any help.
Wuz
6 REPLIES 6
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: BT Diverse X10 lost PIN

I'd think the helpline is for anyone who has purchased a BT telephone, not just BT landline/internet customers, I'd go ahead and ring it (just check what your charges are for 08702 numbers are).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I would agree with w23. However, on BT's website - http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11884/c/1243,1899,1918
Product helpdesk information
BT does not offer helpdesk support for this product.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Projjer
Dabbler

On some other makes of Dect bases they can be reset to factory default by
1 .  Remove the power lead from the base
2 . Press and hold the "Page" button
3  . Plug the power cord back into the base.
4 . Continue to keep the "Page" button pressed for 10 seconds.
HTH
Wuz
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Projjer,
Resetting worked, although I had to do it a few times. I had given up and tried again after a couple of weeks, when I was about to chuck it out, and it worked! Goodness knows why it didn't work the first time!
Sorry I didn't get back earlier.
Regards,
Wuz
Projjer
Dabbler

@Wuz
Thanks for the update, pleased to see it worked. Smiley
I suspect that a number of manufacturers use the same system chips which are reset in the same manner.
Cheers
mabs123

Also worked perfectly on my old BT Diverse 2016 base station. I too had forgotten the pin that I had changed many years ago. Can now go ahead and buy replacement handset. Thanks for the tip, it just shows how useful this community can be.