Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Call Sign service?

Routefinder
Grafter

BT Call Sign service?

Hi All
Does PN offer a service like or the same as BT Call Sign service?  If so what are the costs and is it compatible with both ADSL and Fibre BB services???
TIA for the answer and any insights Smiley
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: BT Call Sign service?

Hi Routefinder,
It's not something we offer. I'm afraid. Where as this wouldn't add an extra number a lot of new digital handsets allow you to assign different ringtones to different contacts in a similar way to mobiles.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi Adam
Many thanks for the prompt reply and insight.  It was just something I heard about and thought what a great idea for a method to get a comparatively economic second 'line' and a separate phone number.................for business only inbound calls Smiley
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

VOIP is the best route for a second line and number for free
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Not always  Wink . I have Call Sign and it gives a local number on my local exchange that is highly appropriate for my particular needs which are along the lines given by @Routefinder.
(Obviously I don't take my phone from PN)
Combined with "Twin Talk" units you get automatic separation of incoming calls to different phone extensions, separate answering machines etc.