cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT 4600 Blocker Phone - Caller ID/1571 caller messages ?

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: BT 4600 Blocker Phone - Caller ID/1571 caller messages ?

Hi @Davexxx

I'm sorry to see we've removed Call Protect. I've now re-added the service and it should start working within an hour.

Let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

Moderators Note: Grammar corrected

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Davexxx
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Plusnet: FYI the erroneous disabling of 'Plusnet Call Protect' has completely erased my (extensive) personal 1572 list of blocked callers.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@Davexxx 

Now you have a BT 4600 then you will not need to block spam calls that bypass your 1571 service, the phone built in blocker will do it for you automatically.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Davexxx  As Baldrick1 says you no longer need to block numbers with Plusnet Protect. It is a hopeless version of BT's equivalent which has a web interface to easily set up white list and blocked numbers. Having to do it all via the phone handset is just not worth bothering with, I have never used it. Not sure why you want it enabled.

Davexxx
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

"Now you have a BT 4600 then you will not need to block spam calls that bypass your 1571 service, the phone built in blocker will do it for you automatically." - Understood.

But why have I received another two messages from Plusnet (this afternoon), again without any prior instruction from myself:

1) "We've received your order to change your call features. The following will be removed:
* Plusnet Call Protect
We'll email to confirm when this is complete."

2) "We've completed the changes to your Call Features. We've removed the following:
* Plusnet Call Protect"

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Morning @Davexxx

Thanks for reaching out again and I'm sorry to see that for whatever reason, our automated system has removed Plusnet Call Protect, it's unclear why, though if I were to guess, I'd say it's something to do with the features that are actually on the line itself. The features required for Plusnet Call Protect are:

• Voicemail 1571 with greeting (or without)
  • Caller Display
  • Choose to Divert

I've now ensured that these features are on the line, and have re-added Plusnet Call Protect. Please let us know if this is removed again and we'll follow this up.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds