cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE phone lines stops on the day of migration Plsunet pi k it up 2 weeks later?

Peeej
Dabbler

BE phone lines stops on the day of migration Plsunet pi k it up 2 weeks later?

HI, I noticed that my phone line is not being migrated on the same day as my broadband and contacted my current ISP (Bethere) to make sure that I would have a contuned service.
They have stated that the phone from them will be stopped on the same day as my broadband and I am worried that this will leave me without a phone or broadband for a few weeks until your becomes active.
Can anyone please confirm that this is not going to be the case, I can live without my phone for a few weeks but not without any broadband connection.
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: BE phone lines stops on the day of migration Plsunet pi k it up 2 weeks later?

Hi there,
The appointment is booked in and confirmed for the AM slot on the 25th March, both the account and the service will go live on that date so you should be fine - hope that helps?
As per the ticket on your account the phone will be going live after that, but the fibre will be live and working from the morning of the 25th when the engineer finishes his work.
Peeej
Dabbler

Re: BE phone lines stops on the day of migration Plsunet pi k it up 2 weeks later?

Yeah didn't really help much. I've had to ask Be to extend the cut off date which means I am now having to pay for two providers at the same time.
Neither of you wants to admit to doing it wrong but someone is. I'm not sure why this has happened but I have just been passed back and forth. I think a LORN should have been used for the transfer but wasn't..
I just have to hope that I don't have a problem as Be won't switch the ADSL off until the 9th April which is the same time as they will stop providing a phone connection.
If I could get a FTTC without a phone I'd have done that as I never use the phone anyway.