cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are 'Zero Length' calls (to UK mobile but listed under 'Other') chargeable?

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Are 'Zero Length' calls (to UK mobile but listed under 'Other') chargeable?

I've found some calls, logged under 'Other' to a UK Mobile (same telephone number as many of my chargeable calls listed under 'UK Mobile'), showing a 'Duration' of 00:00:00 but with a 'Cost' of £0.10 each - is this correct (and, if so, how)?
04/05/2013	07872xxxxxx	8:44:34	0:00:00		0.10
04/05/2013 07872xxxxxx 8:37:17 0:00:00 0.10
04/05/2013 07872xxxxxx 8:32:21 0:00:00 0.10
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
7 REPLIES 7
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Are 'Zero Length' calls (to UK mobile but listed under 'Other') chargeable?

This is somewhat of a guess, but I'd say yes - it'll be the connection fee that's charged on each of those, for making the connection in the first place.
Razer
Grafter

Are they not text messages w23?
w23
Pro

Quote from: Matt
This is somewhat of a guess, but I'd say yes - it'll be the connection fee that's charged on each of those, for making the connection in the first place.

I don't think so Matt, I'd have thought that, if it connected, there'd be a duration (even if very short) which would be rounded up to 1 minute as all other calls appear to be (and as stated in home phone FAQs).
   Calls are charged for a minimum length of one minute and are rounded up to the next minute*
   The setup fee (if applicable) is added
   The total is rounded up to the nearest 1p
If a call is connected then it is charged for a minimum of one minute, if it is not charged for the minimum call length then it, presumable, was NOT connected so should not be subject to any connection charge?
Isn't the connection charge ('set-up fee') actually 13p anyway (14p with the 'rounding up'), not 10p (or has it gone up by 30% since May)?
Quote from: Razer
Are they not text messages w23?

That's possible (though I don't recall Mrs w23 sending text messages from the home phone to my mobile) - given it was a few months ago so I could very well have forgotten - it does seem the most likely explanation, thanks.  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll check on the setup fee costs, but it has to have actually connected - otherwise how would the billing system know what number has been called? If it doesn't connect then there's no call there to charge in the first place.
w23
Pro

I suspect Razer may have the answer, is it possible to check?
Call me 'w23'
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just checked with Ben and yes indeed they are text messages Smiley
w23
Pro

Thanks all, thought I was going daft for a bit there.
Call me 'w23'