Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparently I have no home phone........ but I do! - new customer query

dizzy3492
Dabbler

Apparently I have no home phone........ but I do! - new customer query

Hi
I had my broadband and phone installed yesterday.  Both all up and working fine.  The only problem the engineer had was that he couldn't secure the cable to the front of the property due me being in a 2nd floor flat and his ladders being too short.  He told me he would have to arrange an out of hours engineer to come and secure it (area is shut off to vehicles until after 5.30pm) and that I wouldn't have to be in.
I have now had messages from PN stating that there is a delay in my home phone order and I would have to call them to make an appt.  My home phone is working fine and I presume this is relating to the above.  However I am unable to add things online to my home phone ie 1571 etc as it is stating that I don't have a working home phone at present which I do.
I have tried to call PN but waiting time is horrendous.  Can anyone on here help??  Kiss
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Apparently I have no home phone........ but I do! - new customer query

Hi there,
Sorry about the call queues.
This is a pretty odd one, but I thought I'd best explain why you are getting these messages first.
The code that the engineer sent back to us when he attended your installation indicated that he was unable to complete the work, and that further action was needed. This usually means that he's also been unable to establish you a working phone and broadband connection. Because of this, you'll have received correspondence from us informing you of the delay.
The way I see it, we now have two options:
A) I can contact Openreach to get both of the orders signed off. Your service will be working, though the cable isn't fixed.
B) I can contact Openreach, and get them to raise a task for an out of hours appointment to fix the cable, and then sign off the order. All should be fine, though I cannot guarantee that the service will remain active throughout this process in case there are further issues.
The good news is that because your orders haven't clerically completed, you're not being charged for broadband or phone yet Cheesy Though we will have to take some action at some point, as your order will eventually time out and the services will stop.
Let me know what you think, and I will contact Openreach myself.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
dizzy3492
Dabbler

Hi Matty
I did speak to someone onlne who I believe did do an order for the cable to be fixed which  believe was for today (but I haven't heard anything to confirm this).  Could you check for me at all and let me know if this is the case.  If not could you please raise an order for out of hours and then do the necessary to close the order.
Many thanks
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I haven't managed to find anything about an engineer going out.
Your phone isn't with us yet though due to a delay with the order, however we see your internet connection is live with us. I'm going to raise the work as a complaint, hopefully then we'll get further action for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
dizzy3492
Dabbler

Ok thanks.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

That has been raised for you, it's possible they will get in contact with you directly, but I've raised a ticket so that I can monitor it anyway.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
dizzy3492
Dabbler

Hi
thanks for all your help so far, am hoping you can help further, thank you for raising a ticket for this issue, my home phone which was working perfectly is now dead!!  Is this to do with the issue of the order still being with openreach, the cross over period or something else?Huh
Also the ticket that was raised states on hold until the 5th February, does this mean nothing is going to happen until after this date??  Just wondering why it should take so long when my line was installed on the 15th January and the only issue was that the cable needed attaching to the front of the building!  Cry
Thanks in advance
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'll be speaking with Tony about this once he's in the office at 11:30. I'll update the thread shortly after.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Oh dear, order confusion, probably not closed off correctly, service cancelled by BT wholesale. The part I can't understand is that on 29/01 Tony said the line wasn't with PlusNet but as it was a new line installation who else could it be with?
dizzy3492
Dabbler

Exactly - so what happens now to get my phone working again?Huh
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've just seen your ticket update, and it seems matters have made a turn for the worse. I'll update the details when I get more information.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
dizzy3492
Dabbler

Hi
I just wanted up date this as all the issues have now been rectified.  I understand that the issues stemmed from openreach not closing the order down properly which then caused a knock on effect and caused all the issues.
I would however like to say a massive thank you to all the guys at pus net, they have all been helpful and polite and helped as much as they can.  Tony and Matty have been espcially amazing, they have constantly kept me informed at every stage, and worked hard to get the issues sorted espcially as I was geting a bit frazzled.
so a massive than you I cannot fault you guys you have been fab!  Grin Grin
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there!
Glad to hear you've had a great customer experience with Plusnet, and I'll make sure to pass on your thanks to Tony and Matty Smiley