Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appaling home swtich

Summermoob

Appaling home swtich

Hi

OK here goes....

Asked plus net to switch account and line to new home. Also specifically asked to keep phone number. Agent contacted their "supplier" to confirm teh number could be transferred - Yes it could! Hooray.

DAy of move 23 July everything switched over I phone the number from my mobile in the new house to check all was working - It was. My dad phoned around 11.15 on this landline number in the new house and we chatted for 15 or so minutes.

at 1.03pm I get an email to say my number had been changed to another number! [-Censored-]! Called Plus net customer service who couldn't understand what had happened. THey requested teh number be put back and I was told it would be next morning.

Next morning I checked nothing. Ive since called customer services everyday since to get this sorted. Ive had the excuse that numbers can't be transferred between exchanges which is a blatant lie because it worked in the morning!! Im constantly told its ok with their supplier that the number can be changed to the new house. Yet nothing is happening. I know if you move out of area you can't transfer the number. Im not moving out of area im 7 minutes away from teh old address and the number worked in teh new house so I know they messed up but wont do anything

To top it all the broadband worked perfectly until they changed the number and now its been dropping out 15 times plus an hour some days. This is not the wifi but the router itself. There is a line on the phone but its crackling so you can't here it. Also when you dial out no number comes up the other end!

The phone also worked fine until they changed the number not authorized by me!

Im so fed up Im leaving plusnet. Vodafone confirmed i can keep the land line number I have.

2 REPLIES 2
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Appaling home swtich

I can't say much about the numbering issue-staffers would need to pick that up but your broadband drops there are nothing to do with the number or the router but the phone line itself. A crackly phone line is a phone line with a fault, and will heavily impact the broadband, whoever that's with. Bear in mind no-one knows the history of the line and sockets etc I'd start going through the standard tests-move to test socket, disconnect all the broadband, and make sure it's not the phone itself causing the crackling. Assuming it's still there you need to report a phone fault.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Appaling home swtich

Hi @Summermoob, I'm sorry to hear of the experience you've had during the move of your services to a new address.

Also specifically asked to keep phone number. Agent contacted their "supplier" to confirm teh number could be transferred - Yes it could! Hooray.

Frankly I'm baffled why they would have advised this, as I've just checked this on a few systems and initial checks state the number would not be able to be retained at the new address and further checks in to this show that your new address is actually served by a different exchange.

I'm sorry to say that as the new address is served by a different exchange, it would not be possible to get the number from your old address back to provide on your new line as numbers cannot be transferred to different exchanges.

I have however, passed feedback on regarding the advisor that set up your housemove and the other advisors that seem to have suggested it would have been possible to get the number back.

Ive had the excuse that numbers can't be transferred between exchanges which is a blatant lie because it worked in the morning!!

As per my response above, it is correct that your new address is served by a different exchange to your previous address and it is unfortunately not possible to move the number to a different exchange.

Looking at the cease order for the services at your old address, this did not complete until about 16:45 on the 23rd, so it'd make sense that the number still worked that morning when you tried it.

Im not moving out of area im 7 minutes away from teh old address and the number worked in teh new house so I know they messed up but wont do anything

In all honesty, I'd love to be able to get the number back, however despite only moving a few minutes away, I'm afraid the new address is in fact, served by another exchange and it is not possible to move the number from the exchange it belongs to, to the new exchange.

Vodafone confirmed i can keep the land line number I have.

While they will certainly be able to transfer the service away from us while retaining the number currently on the line, I do not believe they will be able to move the number from one exchange to another.

To top it all the broadband worked perfectly until they changed the number and now its been dropping out 15 times plus an hour some days....
...There is a line on the phone but its crackling so you can't here it.

Changing a telephone number on a line wouldn't cause it to start dropping out, this is more than likely caused by the crackling noise on the line you've mentioned.

I've raised this with our suppliers to investigate the crackling noise and work to resolve this and have provided an update on the ticket on your account regarding this Here.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet