cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime+

Jehosephat

Anytime+

Do I still pay line rental to BT if I join Home Phone as well?
14 REPLIES 14
James
Grafter

Re: BT line rental

Hi there,
You would not Smiley
All of our home phone prices include line rental.
Jehosephat

European call costs

Can you give me a summary of European call charges.
James
Grafter

Re: European call costs

Hi there,
These are available from the following section of our website.  I hope you'll like the look of what you see!
http://www.plus.net/images/residential/voice/pdf/home_phone_tariffs.pdf
paulby
Grafter

Re: European call costs

You can find them on the tariff sheet here.
If you're on Anytime+ the first 30 mins of a call to a country in the top 20 destinations list is free (subject to a max of 300 free mins/month).
Jehosephat

Billing from existing direct source

Can this billing be added to my existing direct billing for ADSL(i.e. via credit card) and would that be monthly, including the additional call billing the £9.99 basic free calls?
James
Grafter

Re: Billing from existing direct source

Hi there,
For home phone payments we would need you to set up a Direct Debit, which we would then be able to use giving you a one bill solution for both your broadband and your phone subscription.
Jehosephat

Anytime+

What is the basic cost of this service, is the the £9.99 per month?
James
Grafter

Re: Anytime+

Hi there,
Evenings and Weekends is £9.99, whereas Anytime Plus is £15.  Anytime Plus will give you free calls to 01 and 02 numbers as well as 300 minutes free calls to our top 20 internation destinations.
chillypenguin
Grafter

mod:note
Rather than three separate threads, I have brought all of your questions in to a single thread.
Jonathan
aka Chilly
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Why have 300 mins to the top 20 destinations?? Forgive my ignorance. I am very interested in the anytime+ product, as BT are ripping me off, but my sister lives in china, which is not on your top 20 list. Why cant we nominate a number to be in a personal international list??  I realise there is probably a reason for this, but would welcome any comments.
John_Essex
Grafter

I've just had the same with my son working in Moscow for 9 months.
Unfortunately Russia isn't in the top 20 either so it has been costing me over 40p per minute to talk to him.  Sad
Thankfully he's home now as his contract has finished.
It would have been nice to have been able to select my own top 20 but I guess that it's not possible or likely to happen in the near future.
Your other option to reduce costs would be to buy some time for "Skype". I havn't tried it but a friend uses it a lot to talk to relatives in Africa and tells me it works out at around a penny a minute  Smiley
paulby
Grafter

Unfortunately Russia isn't in the top 20 either so it has been costing me over 40p per minute to talk to him.

You could have signed up with the likes of Alpha and got rates like 3p/min to Russia and 1p/min to China. (You need to add credit to an account and then dial 1833 before you dial the number of the person you're calling to route the call over Alpha's network).
I used to use them to phone my brother in Holland but now that we've both got VoIP I can phone him for nothing Smiley  Holland is also in PN's top 20 so I can't complain!!
You could also have a look at this page on the Money Saving Expert site.
Ianwild
Grafter

The top 20 is based around the wholesale cost to us of the calls.
We can certainly take a look at this again, although what with our new Voip platform coming on-stream, the call pricing there is going to end up being the cheapest option.
Ian
acpgreatdane

With regards to the 300 free minutes I queried that about a year ago, but it does not seem to have made any difference, and I now see all these other people having problems getting benefit out of this particular option, as a lot of countries are excluded.
If I have a conversation with my mum in Denmark it will more than likely take more than half an hour - I do not want to interrupt after just 30 minutes just to have to dial up again. I'm afraid Plusnet will have to do better to compete with Talk Talk on the international package, which you might want to have a look at and then see if Plusnet customers can be offered the same.
Andrea