Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime query- call duration

Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Anytime query- call duration

Hi - I am bamboozled (as usual)

My latest Bill has come in with £12.18 of additional charges and £11.09 of that is for a call my Wife made to her friend about 1/2 a mile away so a Local Call

They look to have spoken for 2 hours and a bit but I understood that such calls were free ? My Plan is a few years old and I pay £7 I think it is foe Anytime Calls

So is this an error because there is no mention of any maximum call duration in my Account details.

If not an error I will suggest they walk 1/4 of a mile each and have a few drinks as it will be cheaper I suspect !

Many thanks Bamboozled

13 REPLIES 13
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 247

Re: Anytime query- call duration

@Bamboozled For a call to be 'free' on the Anytime calls package, you have to limit it to 59minutes, 59 seconds - anything above that is charged for.

The free call maximum duration is definitely specified somewhere, but  I'm afraid I can't  remember where - like you, I have the Anytime Call option, but I've had it for 6 years and just know the limit.

If I am making calls, I have a timer set to go off at 55 minutes and redial when it goes off.

John
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Anytime

This call plan was withdrawn from sale to new customers on 1st September 2016. Existing customers on this plan can continue to benefit from its features, or upgrade to one of our current call plans. (Inclusive calls up to 60 minutes.)

Current version below:

Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls  £8.00 per month 

• Inclusive calls up to 60 minutes anytime to UK landlines and UK mobiles
  • Call 0870/0845 numbers at any time
  • Free calls to Plusnet Support at all times

Brian

Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
jab1
Legend

@ckcomputingThanks for that - I was too lazy to go looking.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 414

@Bamboozled wrote:
If not an error I will suggest they walk 1/4 of a mile each and have a few drinks as it will be cheaper I suspect !

I'm afraid that this sounds like the answer but if it takes at least two hours then I would limit the drinks budget!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro

Thanks all for the replies. I am still not really happy becasue before Posting this I looked at the definitions / "rules" of my Anytime Plan and it says includes Plusnet Anytime Plan as well

All I can find is hat it says " UK Landline - Inclusive at all times"

I dont see anything that defines Calls to be ended before 60 Minutes

I dont see anything that outlines any Charges. I would have expected maybe to see something like Please Note Calls will be "free" unless they last over 59 59 after which they will be charge @ x p per minute

So if you do go over the 60 Mins how much does it cost and does it cost for the extra minutes or for the whole call ? One produce around 8p per minute and the other almost 14 p

None of this is clear and I cant find the answer anywhere

Many thanks again Bamboozled !

Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro

Missed the Link off - Bamboozling myself

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#anytime

jab1
Legend

@Bamboozled From the link you provided:

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#anytime

Expand 'How we charge for calls' - it's in there.

John
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@jab1

For clarity's sake and to save the OP's sanity and eyesight, extracted form your link, John:

Inclusive call length

• Inclusive calls to UK numbers become chargeable after 60 minutes
  • Inclusive calls to international numbers become chargeable after 60 minutes
  • Calls to Plusnet Support are free for the duration of the call, regardless of length

Inclusive calls that become chargeable are charged at the relevant rate until the end of the call. The call set up fee is not applied.

Brian

Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro

Hi thanks for the reply jab1

Cant dispute it is there as you say when I click on How we Charge.

I realise that as a consumer I should read everything but having read

UK landline Inclusive at all times

I assumed (always dangerous) that would mean no Charges for local calls. Obviously I was wrong - and it seems an expensive way to learn. I would have hoped to see some reference to "extra" Charges that occur after 60 Minutes

I was exploring the possibility of doing away with the Anytime Plan as I made just 10 Calls in a Month and it seems "dim" to Pay that when I could reduce my Bill by £7 a Month but will probably now explore how long I have left Contract wise and explore a deal somewhere else.

Meantime many thanks for the help and if you could suggest making the "what happens after 60 minutes" a bit clearer then others may not fall into the same trap as I have (well my Wife has)

She has already "agreed" to hang up after 55 minutes in the future and redial but she will forget !

Cheers JT

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Bamboozled

Buy Mrs Bamboozled one of these  LCD Digital Kitchen Timer Count Up Down Cooking Alarm

Other shops and sellers are available as they say.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro

Ho Ho

Yes it would have saved me £8 for sure - though had I have read the small print - properly - I could have saved £11.09

I left BT cos I felt they "did" me (they did) and joined Plusnet where I have had no issues till now but maybe time to "move on" again even though technicaly I "did" myself Grin

Cheers (not as) Bamboozled

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 70

A thought, do you have inclusive phone calls as part of your mobile phone contract? I dropped Anytime package as it seems daft to pay for inclusive calls and for it not to be used when at home.

Dan.

Bamboozled
Aspiring Pro

Hi Dan and thanks for the interest

No - I have a Mobile Package from Tesco

So Anytime is just as part of my PN Package. Only had 11 Calls all last period - 8 to Landlines and 3 to my own Mobile by Wife seeing where I was !

So just unfortunate to be "tripped up" by my own inability to read the small Print it seems

Cheers jt