cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime or not??

thripston

Anytime or not??

I switched my phone package from BT to Plusnet a couple of months back, I already had my internet with Plusnet. It seemed a better deal, even with adding an upgrade on the Internet package. My BT package was free calls 24/7. Obviously nervous about whether I'd missed some aspect of the deal we went ahead hoping to knock a chunk out of what we were paying.
I get a warning email we are hammering our phone usage. odd I thought, so I enquired, turns out we were on Evenings and Weekends, ok no worries lets fix that then.
Then the bill lands, 3x what we were paying with BT.
Its kinda obvious I would think that wed have to be pretty stupid to conciously not take up a £4 a month option for ANytime and prefer to just hammer the heck out of it instead. Will we get a refund, probably not, but so far not a happy bunny.
Then to top that I get another email saying we are reaching our limit AGAIN!!
Turns out that whoever I asked at Plusnet to set up Anytime did naff all, so we are due to get hammered yet again.
So I had a word and the guy said, no worries, carry on as if we have Anytime and we will refund you (for this month) when the bill hits and you will definitely, definitely be on Anytime in January.
Then I check the status of that ticket and see the guys internal asking for a refund to be given and a reply saying refunds arent given. Does anyone actually contact me to tell me this? No.
Now I dont know what the hell is going on. But what I do know is this, we have ended up paying  loads more than we were with BT and I am starting to feel like a cow being milked.
5 REPLIES 5
dsw
Grafter

Re: Anytime or not??

When you say hammered, how exactly are you hammering it?
thripston

By using it as if it was Anytime. I'm not really sure how we could hammer it any other way.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
He's not said that you won't get the refund, just that we can't adjust invoices. Basically he's saying that we need to wait until the payment has been taken before we can refund (we can't adjust the amount on an invoice before the money is taken).
As soon as the transaction has gone through I assure you you'll be refunded in full.
Hope that helps.
thripston

Thanks for clearing that up. The wording on the ticket could have been put better really when I was being Ccd in on what the internal stuff was. But ok no harm done.
I am still peeved weve been charged at all, I really did think we had 24/7 calls from the word go, but if I missed that and didnt set it up right I guess thats my fault.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Understood, I'll have a word with the agent concerned and am very sorry for the confusion.