Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime international question

egirl
Dabbler

Anytime international question

Quick (probably dumb) question
My phone line went live today (yay). I'm paying £7 pm for  anytime international package.
I have noticed a £75 credit on my account, what is this? I don't understand the explanation online.
Does this reduce every time I make a call?
I thought that all my landline, 0845 and 0870 numbers were included as well as 300 international minutes .
Lets say I call a mobile phone and this is chargable, do I get this on my bill and pay extra on top of my £7 or is it taken away from this credit?

I find this a bit confusing!
thanks in advance
Smiley
7 REPLIES 7
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Anytime international question

No, not a dumb question - it confuses many people.
Anytime International covers all 01/02/03 numbers, 0845/0870, and as you say, 300 international minutes to 35 destinations.
If you make a chargeable call (mobile, or over an hour on UK, or over ½ hour on international, or premium rate), it will appear on your bill, and the £75 will reduce by that amount.
In essence, it just PN's (bless 'em) way of ensuring that someone doesn't get an unexpected very high bill, as the service will be curtailed if the £75 reduces to zero.
I can see their point, but £75 seems a rather high ceiling to me.   Undecided
If you're not on Anytime, the limit is £55. Seems odd to me, as on that tariff you're more likely to get more chargeable calls.  Crazy
Edit: last para added.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

Basically it's credit limit for calling costs so you can't exceed the set amount but you can reduce the amount yourself if you wish - I reduced mine to £25 but tbh I have never used more than £4.
James
Grafter

Our support pages refers to our credit limit as an overdraft for call charges, which is a fairly good way of putting it.
There's more detail on our website here: http://www.plus.net/support/phone/credit-limit-and-top-ups-guide.shtml#creditLimitHow
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: 4C
If you're not on Anytime, the limit is £55. Seems odd to me, as on that tariff you're more likely to get more chargeable calls.   Crazy

James, Any comment on this point?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This was raised yonks ago and I didn't get a sensible answer then so don't expect one now
James
Grafter

I don't have an official answer other than it scales upwards depending on the price of the product - I understand your point though.
We can increase a credit limit on a case by case basis.
egirl
Dabbler

Thanks everyone, I get it now  Smiley
I am waiting for the calls to refresh to make sure the international call I made yesterday shows ok. I hung up at 29 mins