Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime Plus changes

shermans
Pro
Fixes: 3

Anytime Plus changes

I have just had a message from Plusnet - as always, tagged as Spam ! - that Home Phone Anytime Plus will change on 1st December and that 01/02 calls will be charged at 3p per minute flat rate :
- 01/02 calls will be charged at a flat rate of 3p per minute.
- The 5p minimum call charge will be replaced with a set-up fee of 4.5p for non-inclusive calls.

The way it is worded sounds that the whole purpose of Anytime Plus is being discontinued, namely that all local and international calls are free (top 20) throughout the day subject to fair usage.  Am I misreading this or will I in future have to pay 3p per minute for every call I make - i.e. no more free included calls ?
I am hoping that it is just the wording that is confusing Shocked
18 REPLIES 18
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Anytime Plus changes

It's just the wording that isn't clear, you are still getting the same inclusive calls as before, the price changes to 01 and 02 numbers will only be for calls that last for more than 60 minutes each on the Anytime+ product.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Rikaitch
Grafter

I knew the forum would answer that question. You might want to flag a notice to let customers know that, or they will be leaving in droves.
shermans
Pro

Thanks.  That is what I hoped, but I am sure that I will not be alone in getting worried !  We've all been "had" by other unscrupulous companies before who offer good products and then change the rules, but I was sure that Plusnet is not like that.
As has been said, it might be worth doing a little damage limitation by writing again to customers to explain what was really meant !
Smiley
Mark
Grafter

Hi there.
Thanks for flagging this one to us.
If you click the link contained within the email the headline items should be explained in full.
http://www.plus.net/support/home_phone/info/call_charges_guide.shtml
Note: The following information applies only to chargeable calls. Inclusive calls have no cost associated with them

Apologies for any confusion caused.
shermans
Pro

Mark
Thanks for the info.
But now I wish I had never asked !  My head is quite dizzy from trying to grasp all the different scenarios.  Does it really have to be that complex ?  It reads more like an Act of Parliament !
For most people on Anytime Plus, the situation probably will seldom arise.  Would it not have been easier just to have said that for calls not covered by the inclusive calls package, costs will be rounded up to the next minute.
I realise that customers are a "mean" bunch, but I cannot imagine anyone could really be bothered by the worst case scenario which could possibly mean paying an extra 3 pence for the odd call.  But all those different dates....I need a strong drink after trying to get my head around all that!
You don't make the rules, but no doubt Plusnet's expensive accountant is trying to justify his fees.
Shocked
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Mark
Hi there.
Thanks for flagging this one to us.
If you click the link contained within the email the headline items should be explained in full.
http://www.plus.net/support/home_phone/info/call_charges_guide.shtml
Note: The following information applies only to chargeable calls. Inclusive calls have no cost associated with them

Apologies for any confusion caused.

The link did not mention 03 numbers are PN aware of these numbers? I believe if you do 01,02 and 03 numbers in all support pages and questions now it will save answering questions later when 03 numbers are more widely in use.
shermans
Pro

First class Plusnet !
Wow, I have just received an email from Plusnet which I presume has been sent to all homephone users clarifying the confusion.
That did not take long, and is a fantastic example of Plusnet taking notice of its customers.
Have any of you guys thoyught of selling your services to British Gas ?  They could learn a thing or two....
Well done.  Plusnet deserves to be number One.
richardgrlewis

Hi, I noticed on the original email that, to quote:-
- The cost of calls to 0845/0870 numbers will be cut, e.g. daytime calls will change from 3.5p per minute to 2p per minute.
But I notice from the tariff that 0845 is indeed 2p/min but 0870 is 6p/min.
As so many companies use 0870 now 2p/min would be most welcome indeed.
Who may be correct in this case, Mr. Armstrong at 2p or the tariff at 6p?
thanks
Richard
acorns
Grafter

I also note that 0870/0845 tariffs include the wording
'Weekend calls will be charged at the daytime or weekend rate'
Should this actually read
'Weekend calls will be charged at the daytime or evening rate'
?
Mark
Grafter

Hi there.
That should indeed say evening and is a typo.
I raised that as a problem just before I left work today. That will be sorted tomorrow.
Sorry for any confusion.
LiamM
Grafter

On the tariff sheet it shows the price Daytime for Hungary as 0.26.  No unit is shown either, so I guess it's a typo?
Mark
Grafter

Added to the problem currently with Jonny's team.
Neil_A
Grafter

Quote from: shermans
Well done.  Plusnet deserves to be number One.

Many thanks for your kind words. Very glad you are happy with the new pricing structure.
The team here works hard to try and deliver the best value services for our customers with excellent support. Being reactive to comments in these forums is one of our core principles - if our customers don't like something - change it, if customers do like something - do more of it! Getting feedback good and bad in these forums is essential to us improving our products and service.
Smiley
richardgrlewis

Hi there, anybody come up with an answer on the 0845 / 0870 different costs that I mentioned above?
thanks
Richard