Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime Plan

FIXED
Muddyfunker
Dabbler

Anytime Plan

Hi,
Long time plusnet customer, first time poster here.
I'll cut to the chase, a recent higher than expected bill gave me cause to look through old bills since I upgraded to the anytime plan (ironically because of higher than expected bills)
I've noticed every month since I started this I've been charged for all calls to mobile phones. We're talking over a year here.

What's the crack with this, I'm actually seriously angry I've been charged, isn't that the whole point of an anytime plan?

I'd be interested to know if this is something I've missed in the small print or is plusnet ripping me off?

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Anytime Plan

@Muddyfunker 

What call plan are you on?

"Anytime" is an old plan, (no longer sold but existing subscribers will be left on it unless they change), that did not include calls to mobile numbers unless you paid for an add-on package. The present plan is "Unlimited UK & Mobile calls" which allows 2000 minutes per month of calls to mobile numbers as well as unlimited calls to UK landlines (subject to a fair use policy, I believe).

This link takes you to the current plans:

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/call-plans/

Muddyfunker
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply.

I've just looked and it's talk anytime.

As far as I can remember it included uk mobile calls. Cost is £7 per month, plan started on 25/11/18.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

You can find details of call plans ( including legacy ones ) here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/#anytime 

Seems that after Sep 2016 Talk anytime was only available to existing customers. Looks like there was an option to add mobile calls for £3 /month

I'm sure a PN staff member will be along shortly to clarify exactly which plan you are on

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Muddyfunker
Dabbler

Thanks buddy.

Looks very much like it's my mistake then, I'm angry at myself now.

What I don't understand now is why am I not given the option to upgrade through my account?
It only gives talk anytime international 300 as an upgrade?

So the talk anytime plan is actually £8 and the all singing and dancing plan including mobiles is £9.
Why can't I upgrade to that?

thackie2015
Dabbler

Hi, I had a similar issue and was able to upgrade via the product change https://www.plus.net/member-centre/product-change option in the deals and upgrades part of the control panel.

Hope that helps

Muddyfunker
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately I tried that earlier and the option isn't there for some reason?

I even followed your link just now and it's still the same.
Maybe a staff member has the answer.
Muddyfunker
Dabbler

Just looked on laptop and it still doesn't give the option to upgrade to the plan including mobiles?
I'll wait for a staff members opinion before looking at options, leaving plusnet being one of them.
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I had a similar problem last year when I wanted to change from the Anytime plan to the Unlimited UK & Mobile calls plan. Seemingly, the system could not cope as I had Line Rental Saver in place - cannot see the logic in that but that was the case. It needed the intervention of a Plusnet staff member to sort things out so that I got on to the new call plan without a gap in the LRS provision. Hopefully one will sort it out for you.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Muddyfunker

Thanks for highlighting this - you're right that the legacy call package is the reason that you've been charged for mobile calls (as these were not historically included in the package which you have).

If you'd like to upgrade to the UK and Mobile plan, please just respond to this ticket and I'll get that sorted for you.

Best wishes

Dave

Muddyfunker
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Dave.

Will respond to the ticket a little later when I finish work.

Appreciate the help 👍🏻
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Fix

No problem at all - just drop us a line here and either myself or one of my colleagues will switch that over for you.

Take care

Dave