cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime+ International calls duration

acorns
Grafter

Anytime+ International calls duration

Why is there a 30 minute duration limit on International calls before you need to redial to avoid charges?
I can kind of understand the 60 minute limit on domestic ones given that there is no actual 'minutes per month' limit on these, but since there is a defined 200 minutes per month on Top 20 international destinations then I don't see why you can't use those minutes any which way you see fit. When calling relatives overseas who you haven't seen or spoken to in a while (my Dad lives in France) then its highly likely that you will talk for a longer time, which makes it a bit inconvenient to have to keep an eye on the clock and remember to redial.
16 REPLIES 16
bill
Grafter

Re: Anytime+ International calls duration

I thought we were allowed 300 minutes per month to 20 top international destinations.
We were promised a count down table for these international calls (similar to the one we had when there was a 1000 minute ceiling on UK calls).  I assume this is still being progressed.
acorns
Grafter

You are right about 300 minutes. That must have recently changed.  Smiley
There is still a maximum 'Free' length of 30 minutes per call though.
dukeinlondon

Quote from: acorns
Why is there a 30 minute duration limit on International calls before you need to redial to avoid charges?
I can kind of understand the 60 minute limit on domestic ones given that there is no actual 'minutes per month' limit on these, but since there is a defined 200 minutes per month on Top 20 international destinations then I don't see why you can't use those minutes any which way you see fit. When calling relatives overseas who you haven't seen or spoken to in a while (my Dad lives in France) then its highly likely that you will talk for a longer time, which makes it a bit inconvenient to have to keep an eye on the clock and remember to redial.

I agree with acorns. I am not a big phone user but when I call, it's friend and familly abroad and it tends to be long. This limit should be lifted. Is that in the plans at all ?
Not applicable

Makes sense to me too - I'd vote for a PUGIT on this one.
EDIT: Typo
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
The 30 minute limit is to minimise cost exposure, but if there is enough support for this to change I'm happy to have the discussion with our product team. Smiley
joharris

Quote from: Mand
Hi,
The 30 minute limit is to minimise cost exposure, but if there is enough support for this to change I'm happy to have the discussion with our product team. Smiley

I would have thought that the monthly 300 minute limit for international calls is, overall, a pretty effective way of minimising cost exposure. Being a bit of a cynic, I can't help thinking that the different (60min/30min) limits for home and international calls are designed to generate extra revenue from confused or forgetful punters like me.
I think it would be both fair and consistent if you were to bring them into line at 60mins each - I would certainly support that.
On a positive note, great service - I've been with Force9 since the early days, and no-one come close in terms of service - keep it up,
Happy New Year
acorns
Grafter

Yes, I'd support 60 minutes too. I'm certainly more conscious of having been on the phone for that long rather than 30 minutes, and am hence less likely to forget to redial.
Kiwi

I'd agree with the 60 minute limit per call.  the overall limit is always maintained at 300 minutes anyway.
BT have 60 minutes per call on their international + option (£5 per month)
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Confirm that this issue has been raised as PUGIT 392
  To Vote!

Add your comments here

MauriceC

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

acorns
Grafter

Any news on whether this is likely to happen or not?
LiamM
Grafter

Hi there,
The issue has been raised here (http://usergroup.plus.net/pugit/view.php?id=392) and as of yet has not had a comment from PlusNet.  I'll see if I can *poke* someone to take a look.
Ianwild
Grafter

Thanks for the poke Liam. I've raised this topic for some internal discussion and will update the PUGIT item if anything transpires.
Ian
Bigtime

Worried about going over the time limit for your call ?
See my post....... Call Timer
Barry
clairesdog
Grafter

I'd support this increase...I'm always being stung for forgetting my 30 mins  Roll_eyes
my main problem is the mobile charges, they're costing me a firtune to phone my OH mobile.