cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime International 300 single call time limits

garrouvian

Anytime International 300 single call time limits

Only recently changed to Plusnet, and I included their Anytime International 300  add-on to my package. The first month's bill after I used the service (a call to France) I noticed I had been charged 81p for the call. Straight on onto the help desk, where I was told the charge was because on one of the calls exceeded 30 minutes. Now, I think Plusnet are being a little naughty here, nowhere in their initial advertising do they mention this penalty clause. OK, it's no real problem to time the call and then end it before their usage limit, then redialing, but a more prominent advice of this clause at contract sign on would have been useful. One things for certain, I won't get stung again !

13 REPLIES 13
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Anytime International 300 single call time limits

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

I'd have to agree it does look a bit misleding, when you go through signup there is a link to tarrifs, in there under international it has

International (landline and mobile) Top 35 International destinations •300 inclusive minutes to USA mobiles, Canada mobiles and all landlines listed in our top 35 international destinations
•25% discount on chargeable calls to listed countries

All other calls charged at standard rate - see discounted international call rates for full details  

I'd read that like I would my mobile packages that I have 300 minutes to use up.

For voice calls lots of companies have done anytime packages that limit you to say 60 minutes before charging but that's not clear in what you are presented with here.

To get the specific detail you need to go into the Legal Bit that says

300 Anytime minutes: (Anytime International 300) Means 300 inclusive minutes to USA mobiles, Canada mobiles and all landlines listed in our top 35 international destinations. Hang up and re-dial before 60 minutes (Local) or 30 minutes (International) and you won't be charged.

So shame that last little bit isn't on the tarrif page so you know about it. It isn't likely to stop you buying the product as you are still going to save money.

Maybe one of the Plusnet staff on here could put in a request to make clearer?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

The OP is not the first and no doubt not the last to be caught on this one. It's a fairly regular complaint on the forum.

PN will probably say that, as with fibre upload speeds, the information is not hidden. Strictly speaking that's true, but it's not the kind of thing one would expect to have to dig for.

I remember the time when the company was much more transparent.  Sad

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

On the upload speeds its not hidden its on the first page you see that tells you the speeds, but there are 2 other threads with long debates on that one! 🙂

This info is pretty buried in the legal bit though! Not signed up to it so no idea if its in any of the welcome emails etc.

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

This caught me out just once ringing my cousin in Germany a long time ago. Now I always set a countdown timer (for 25 minutes so I've got a little leeway). I agree it should be made much more obvious.

Before I lost my wife just over a year ago, we used to fall out endlessly about her 1 hour and 5 minute calls to her sister! I just wish she was here now and making more - sometimes you get a different perspective on what really matters to you Smiley

twright

newly signed up to Plusnet and seeking clarification on length of calls without incurring extra charge - still unclear and cannot even find this in tariffs, obviously an issue they still have not sorted, disappointing start to my year's sign up

longedge
Aspiring Pro

What additional call plan have you gone for or is it just the basic evening & week-ends?

twright

I have the anytime international 300 and found a bit more on the website that says calls up to 60 minutes included for both UK and International so they must have changed it from the 30 minutes it was
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Didn't know that - but I'll stick to my 25 minute limit anyway Smiley

twright

Yes I think that's best, costs can rack up quickly. I'll do that too, it's only a case of redialing if we still want to chat.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@twright wrote:
I have the anytime international 300 and found a bit more on the website that says calls up to 60 minutes included for both UK and International so they must have changed it from the 30 minutes it was

Correct - it changed quite a while ago.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all and thanks for the feedback on this, I've passed this on internally as a suggestion to update the information on the website. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
maggot

You may also make it clear that local phone calls have a 60 minuets maximum before the excessive rates are charged ,these are B.T. tactics you are using to charge members

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

There’s no real sense of “local” calls any longer, just 01/02/03 and the rest.

The 60 minute threshold relates to call plan inclusive calls.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.