cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime Calls package start date

FIXED
robwelliott

Anytime Calls package start date

I joined Plusnet on 28 October. The account went live on 2 November, and before making any calls (I think) I added the anytime calls package for £8.00. I am sure you can see what's coming...

On my latest bill I have been charged £25.43 for calls made since the start of the billing period. Now, I naively assumed that adding the anytime calls package would be implemented right away. Before I complain, can anyone point me to the terms and conditions of the add on which state that it only become active from the start of the following billing period? 

Thanks, 

Rob.

5 REPLIES 5
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Anytime Calls package start date

Fix

Hello there, 

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't aware the changes to your call plan would go through on the next bill date. The terms and conditions do advise of this:

8.1. If you want to change your call plan or call features you may request this at any time and the change will happen from your next billing date. This won't affect your minimum term for the service.

This can be found under the Phone Package Terms at https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/

Once again, please accept my apologies for any frustration caused.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
robwelliott

Many thanks Anoush, for such a quick response. I shall put this one down to experience.

Rob.
jetstar
Grafter

I also want to add call plan and the start date is my billing date of 01/01/17 about three weeks away so why can't plusnet start an add-on call plan on day of sign-up and bill pro-rata?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately not. Changes of call plan would have to be from the following billing date. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

so why can't plusnet start an add-on call plan on day of sign-up and bill pro-rata?

because the antiquated billing system can't cope with itRoll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.