cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas?

Alan2010

Any ideas?

Hi, I recently signed up to PN any time phone and broadband service, my broadband is working fine but my phone isn't due to be switched over from BT until 23rd Dec, today however every time i try to make a call i get a recorded message "number unrecognised" and if i try calling my home number using a mobile i get the engaged tone.
I rang BT  for a line fault check and they said no problems could be found but when I check the BT online fault checker it tells me again no fault is found BUT below it tells estimated repair date will be on the 23rd Dec which coincides with the switch over. So i'm a little confused, if I dont have a fault why do I have a estimated repair date?
Any help appreciated,
Alan.
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Any ideas?

you should get an answer tomorrow when the staff get in
Alan2010

Thanks pierre.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Alan2010,
I've just had a look and can see a fault was reported on the line on the 19th, which is now closed off. I suspect you are seeing the switchover date but unfortunately we can't get any more information as we don't own the line yet. If we can get any more information I'll let you know but I don't think we will until the 23rd.