cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Change to Long Phone Call Charge during the Virus?

Red_devil
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Any Change to Long Phone Call Charge during the Virus?

Yesterday I phoned some 60+ friends to see how they were coping with the virus lockdown.

Although I hadn't intended this to be a long phone call the situation and conversation were such that it exceeded the 60 minute free phone call limit.

This didn't cross my mind during the call and even if it had done it wasn't the sort of call where you could interrupt it and ring back.

Lots of other organsisations are removing (or at lease easing) restrictions and I wondered if Plusnet were going to do the same for this rather arbitrary condition now that phone contact is so much more important than it was a few weeks ago.

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Any Change to Long Phone Call Charge during the Virus?

The only one I'm aware of easing up is BT and that's for customers who do not have broadband.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Red_devil wrote:

Although I hadn't intended this to be a long phone call the situation and conversation were such that it exceeded the 60 minute free phone call limit.

You're probably aware - but in case not - the first 60 minutes of the call won't be charged, only the time after the hour.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Red_devil
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Dvorak - I meant organisations in general easing up (free movie streaming, free bank overdrafts, free extension to Now TV sub etc) rather than specifically phone calls.

Hero - thanks for that. Given that my OH was charged almost £10 for a 2 hour call to her sister in Jan I had assumed the whole call was charged after the limit was exceeded but if that isn't the case it helps (but does mean she was charged alomst £10 for an hour's phone call!).

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Red_devil 

Here are Plusnet's current prices (this is the update issued following the December 2019 price increase):

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/2019-pricing-changes-existing

You will see that the call charge is 15p per minute to landlines and so a 2 hour call would cost £9.00 ( and 18p per minute to a mobile  amounting to £10.80)  allowing for the first hour being included in a call plan.

Mikewoodward
Dabbler

The BT policy is not limited to those without broadband. If you have a BT calls anytime equivalent to plusnet calls anytime, all calls to landline & mobile are unlimited & are not restricted to one hour, as of last December. It’s about time Plusnet caught up I think.