cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Answerphone/Calling Circle

Not applicable

Answerphone/Calling Circle

Two questions:
I have Homephone Anytime and I am very happy with the service - it is perfect for my needs.  However, why do Plusnet charge for the answerphone service? Even BT and TalkTalk throw this in for free.  I have never used my full allocation of call time so it would be nice to have a 'freebie'.
Also, some packages come with a calling circle e.g. reduced rate on a limited number of 08/mobile calls. Couldn't this be considered?
5 REPLIES 5
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Answerphone/Calling Circle

The truth? Economics of scale.
Even BT have to pay a wholesale cost to supply this service to customers and as with any product that comes included in such situations, they are subsidised via other means.
The reality is we do not have enough customers to provide these services at the lower cost.
In regards to services like Friends and Family, and Best Friend type services, this is something that came up towards the start of the product, and is not something I have seen much recently.
These are a unique service of the providers giving them to you and whilst ours may look similar to others, they are unique in themselves.
Maybe one day we might do something like this (and no, I'm hint dropping, because I don't know). Time will tell, and ultimately, enough people looking at one type of thing and we will consider it I am sure.
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't aware that the answerphone service was costly. However, as I said previously,  I think that Homephone Anytime is excellent and for me is good value for money.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Thanks for the feedback Poppy!    Cheesy
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
kenny
Grafter

Quote from: poppy
Two questions:
I have Homephone Anytime and I am very happy with the service - it is perfect for my needs.  However, why do Plusnet charge for the answerphone service? Even BT and TalkTalk throw this in for free.  I have never used my full allocation of call time so it would be nice to have a 'freebie'.
Also, some packages come with a calling circle e.g. reduced rate on a limited number of 08/mobile calls. Couldn't this be considered?

I to have the anytime+ package. I note how many of these rip off 08 numbers they are when you just want to ring there normal landline number I use http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php to get a landline number. You have all these free min so use them don`t use 08 0r 09 numbers if possible they soon add up
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. I  use saynoto0870  quite a lot and often get a result.  Have also posted if I have found an alternative myself.  It's a real boon, and as you say there all the included minutes to use up so it's extra annoying to use the 08 numbers.  I always have unused minutes left but Homephone Anytime is still good value.
Just wish that it could come up with some of these 0845 GP Surgery numbers - it's a rip-off and very bad for some of the most vulnerable people.