Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another "Phone order cancelled"

duckandgoat
Dabbler

Another "Phone order cancelled"

Hi,
Trying to rejoin plusnet after nearly fifteen years overseas... but after my order for broadband and a phone line was confirmed, my payment taken and dates provided for when these would be active, I get an email telling that "your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled".
I didn't cancel, nor did I get any reason why it was cancelled on me - and searching through here looks like this isn't an uncommon event...
I've been waiting more than an hour for someone, anyone in support to answer and I've emailed sales, given that I am still a *prospective* customer.
Anyone shed any light on these...?
P.S. How come you can't get "naked" broadband in the UK? Every provider in Aus does this and almost no one takes up a new phone line any more.
5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Another "Phone order cancelled"

Hi duckandgoat, welcome to the forums!
Unfortunately the current provider of the line has cancelled our order to take over the service, stating that their end user has not requested services moving to another provider.
Please could you respond to the ticket on your account confirming the telephone number currently active on your line (You can do this by dialling 17070). This can help us confirm that the line showing at your property is in fact your line.
Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
duckandgoat
Dabbler

I did this - added the number to my ticket a few days ago - and it was a different number to the one originally supplied.
Haven't heard anything since and unsure if that means things are progressing but nothing to say yet, or nothing is happening - or worse, nothing will happen?
Any experience from the community here as to whether or not these things get sorted quietly or with a bit of feedback...?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The ticket should be picked up by the Provisioning Team when it reaches the top of their pile. They would normally respond by adding information to the ticket.
The CRT members won't be in until Monday now, but hopefully they'll then provide an update here.
David
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm happy to pick the ticket up when I'm back in tomorrow if there's not a responce in the meantime.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your patience.
I've just checked the records for your address and the one line showing there ends in 94 Sad
I've escalated the ticket on your account to myself as I'll need to do a bit more digging to try and locate where your line is actually registered. I'll be in touch via the ticket on your account later today Smiley
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet