cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Home Phone Credit Reached Problem

SeanM
Grafter

Another Home Phone Credit Reached Problem

I've had to top up twice recently & keeping an eye on my credit left but was waiting for the 10/11/09 as according to the portal my quarterly update was due on that date. Tonight I've received a email telling me I've gone over my credit limit again & I'll be charged £5. I've just checked the portal and see the following;
Remaining mins: 
300 min
Next payment date:
N\A
Credit limit:
£ 55.00

Credit available:
£ -0.51
According to this I've 300 minutes. I want to know what the hell is going on with my account. If I don't get something sorted and explained about this soon I'll switch back to BT.
It's also ridiculous that you stop me making calls on my phone as I live in the countryside and don't get a mobile signal. Just charge for the damn calls & add on top of the next bill.
12 REPLIES 12
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Another Home Phone Credit Reached Problem

The 300 minutes is the time your allowed for non UK calls as far as I can tell, not your credit limit.
nadger
Rising Star

Just looked at my phone account and would agree that 300 mins relates to overseas calls.
My next payment date is quoted correctly - 18/11/09
SeanM
Grafter

Nice to see a response from PlusNet support!
How do you work out the 300 is for overseas calls? I can't see were it says that? Also can you tell me when your credit limit is reset? I
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@Sean
I take it that was a "Nice to see a response from PlusNet support!...not.".
Nadger is not Plusnet staff. He is a customer like you and me.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
SeanM
Grafter

Yep Strat.. it was a sarcastic remark about PlusNet Smiley
I think I've had the same problem as mehdi it started when in September we went over our £55 limit for the first time. I topped up and thought that'd be the last of it but I had to top up again last month and then added another £10  a couple of weeks ago. Looks to me like neither of the last 2 top ups were necessary as I think my credit limit wasn't reset at the start of my October bill! Sad SO for 2 months now it's not been reset. If this is the case I'll expect full reimbursement for the top ups from October.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

You will be extremely lucky to ever get a response from the Comms team team at a weekend, they only work Mon to Fri
Mand
Grafter

Re:Another Home Phone Credit Reached Problem

Hi there,
The 300 mins does indeed refer to the 300 international calls you get free each month. There's no limit on the amount of other inclusive calls you can use (obviously depending on your product).
With regards your issue Sean, it looks like you've been affected by the current priority problem we have, which you can see details of here. We're working to get this sorted ASAP, and will obviously refund any call barring fees which were charged as a result of this.
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Is there an expected 'Go Live' date for this fix Mand?  For a customer affecting billing problem to be outstanding since 1/8/2009 is a tad unacceptable.
When will the current code freeze be lifted to allow some of these priority fixes to take place?
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SeanM
Grafter

Hi Mand
I cannot make phone calls from my phone now & am going to have to top-up again! This is the 3rd time in the last month as a result of this problem. I hope I will get a full refund of all the "extra" top-ups I've had to make.
I have a ticket open for this Billing | ID: 30782014
Can my credit limit be reset manually in the meantime?
Sean
Mand
Grafter

Is that a recent change? You didn't appear to be barred when I looked at your account earlier? I can get your limit raised tomorrow to prevent this happening in future (and obviously lift any restrictions).
SeanM
Grafter

Hi Mand
I thought we'd been barred as my wife tried to make a call and it said not possible but appears it was a one off as I tested later & it worked.
Thank you.
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear it.
We're hoping to get the overall fix live shortly, and will then concentrate on the clean up.