Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous call barring

PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Anonymous call barring

Can you just enable this for a month, disable it and then just pay the £4?

Also is it correct that it might not block overseas withheld numbers?

Thanks

PT

19 REPLIES 19
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Anonymous call barring

Hello there,

The anonymous call rejection service is free for the first month, then £4.00 per month thereafter. And yeah it isn't guaranteed to block overseas withheld numbers.

If you would like us to activate it,  please private message me with your username and I'll take a look Monday morning.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Thanks,

so I could give it a try for a month and if it doesn't bar the calls I want then I can cancel and pay nothing?

PT

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Yep, as long as you let us know.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

What's the point of paying £4 a month for anonymous call barring when for 99p caller display works just as well with Call Guardian. We have one of these and it's been absolutely brilliant.

At that price you could pay for one of in less than a year, even allowing for that 99p.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobile-phones/1401522/bt-bt8500-review-the-best-call-blocker-phone-ye...

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

I suspect it is a temporary problem with one particular outfit and a months block might sort them. I agree if it is a long term issue I would be better off buying some BT8600's which I already have my eye on, rather than pay £4 pcm ongoing, but the phones I have aren't very old so reluctant to replace if unnecessary.

Minivanman
Legend

I had the same issue with 'old' for new but my managed to sell my seven month old phone on ebay for almost as much as I paid for it, including the cost of postage. 

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Having been a callblocker user for several years, I just "upgraded" to a Chinese one with an lcd screen. <£14 delivered. All calls can be blocked, and blocked retroversily (so if you miss the call and check it and see it is spam you can still block it).
Works for me. Sits between your phone & socket or teamed off the socket.
Minivanman
Legend

Cannot match the price tag by the mine allows me to do the same and highlights it with a red x symbol.

All pretty neat eh? Smiley

Herman Melville
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@HairyMcbiker Would you mind posting a link to the unit if possible please?

Also does yours have any affect on the audio quality of voice calls? (as I've heard some which affect audio quality quite badly)

TIA

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Anoush wrote:

The anonymous call rejection service is free for the first month, then £4.00 per month thereafter.

@PhyllisTyne - Unfortunately @Anoush appears to have got this feature confused with Choose To Refuse, which is free for the first three months and then £6 per quarter following this.

It allows up to 10 customer specified numbers to be assigned to a list. All incoming calls from these numbers are then barred.

Anonymous call reject is £4 per month and if you added it and then removed it, you would receive a pro-rata charge for the time you had it.

Although having said this, I've heard better feedback from users that have purchases call blocker phones as others have mentioned in this thread.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, for the time being I have advised relatives who for whatever reason withhold their number to either show their number or wait until the answerphone kicks in and then speak at which point we will answer. Otherwise we now ignore all withheld callers and I will see if they get bored and it goes away. If not a BT8600 will be on its way. 

Thanks all for your help.

PT

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Although I asked a question above (Message 10) regarding call blockers, on second thoughts as my landline is with BT, I think I'll continue to wait for their free call blocking service which was announced quite a while ago and is due to start later this year.

Minivanman
Legend

And you'll find it total rubbish and absolutely pointless. Trust me.

Herman Melville
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Minivanman Why?