Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anonymous Call Reject

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Anonymous Call Reject

Having decided that I want to add this feature to Call Protect I checked on the website here https://www.plus.net/help/phone/call-features/ and saw this

Anonymous Call Reject

You can use this to block calls from withheld numbers. It won't block calls if the incoming number is 'unavailable', as the caller hasn't made any attempt to hide the number they're calling from. There are a few reasons this might happen, like if the person's calling from another country.

Which is rather restrictive as unavailable covers virtually all the spam ones I received

Then I realised I was looking at the wrong bit

Plusnet Call Protect

Plusnet Call Protect catches nuisance calls on your landline and sends them straight to junk voicemail, where they belong. You can:

• Choose to divert specific types of numbers to junk voicemail, such as international numbers, withheld numbers and unavailable numbers

which is exactly what I want and so I just did it Thumbs_Up

2 REPLIES 2
harrym1byt
Rising Star

Re: Anonymous Call Reject

That still will not catch the nuisance callers who spoof a phone number and I found many of these callers do that. Spoofing is where they present a number to the system, but it is not actually their proper phone number. Some of these callers spoof a number which has an area code the same as your own, so that when you see the number on your screen, you assume it is a local caller and you answer it - Got Ya!.

You can add the spoofed number to the blocked caller list, but even that only works until they change the spoofed number, which they can do daily.

The best thing really is a filter system built into your own phone at home. I use a set of BT 8500, these allow me to block all numbers, unless they are in my phone book - except it gives the a blocked caller a chance to say their name, then press # to get my phone to ring, where upon I can listen to the name and accept or reject the call. In the 15 months since I installed these, not one nuisance call has got through, yet doctors and other irregular callers still manage to get through by recording their name and pressing #. . 

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Anonymous Call Reject

You can add the spoofed number to the blocked caller list, but even that only works until they change the spoofed number, which they can do daily.

already done that and the only ones getting past are the unavailable ones at present hence the change