cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual ADSL plus phone package - monthly phone charge not fixed?

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

Annual ADSL plus phone package - monthly phone charge not fixed?

I was quite surprised to discover that from this month my Anytime call plan charge has been increased from £5 to £6 per month; despite the fact that I re-contracted in June for a twelve-month Unlimited ADSL and Anytime call plan bundle, of which at that time the call plan element was £5 per month. Does this mean that the phone plan element of an annual internet plus phone package contract is not fixed at the original monthly rate for the duration of the contract period?
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Annual ADSL plus phone package - monthly phone charge not fixed?

Hi there,
Does this mean that the phone plan element of an annual internet plus phone package contract is not fixed at the original monthly rate for the duration of the contract period?
it does, we don't mention that we do for that very reason.
However if you were to take Line Rental Saver that allows you to pay at a fixed rate for 12 months for a reduced one-off payment.
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

Adam,
Thanks for the swift response and yes, I do have Line Rental Saver.
However, I'm struggling to take in your comment - you appear to be saying that Plusnet deliberately don't tell the customer that the phone plan charge can increase during the life of an ADSL+phone contract. If so, don't you think this is sailing rather close to the wind legally (as regards full disclosure of contract terms etc.)?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi NorthPole, I think there may have been some confusion here.
I believe Adam meant that we don't advise customers that call plan prices are fixed throughout the entire term. We do however, notify customers of price increases/changes as per our terms and conditions.
51. We will also let you know about a price increase or a change to the Terms and Conditions that we believe is likely to cause you material disadvantage at least one month before it happens. We will let you know about other price changes and changes to the Terms and Conditions via email to the contact email address on the account and by adding a service note to your account. Account Service Notes can be viewed at http://contactus.plus.net/

The email notification/service notice on your account regarding this price increase was sent through to you on 20/07/15 and can be viewed Here.
I hope this clears things up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

HarryB,
Thanks and yes, it's clear now; but I do still feel it's a little misleading for the customer who assumes (IMO not unreasonably)  that they have fixed the price for both elements of their package throughout the contract term, when in fact it's only the broadband.