cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error has occurred, you cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in p

FIXED
swhymark
Hooked

An error has occurred, you cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone order in p

Hi,

I have had this error for a couple of weeks now, I was waiting for it to go 'in 48 hours' but I guess the robots need oiling.

This first occurred when I logged on to try to stop my nuisance calls, which have TRIPLED since leaving BT. (Barely three weeks). I enabled 'Call Protect' or 'Call Barring' I can't actually remember now, and immediately received an automated email saying 'We've received your order to change your call features. The following will be removed: • Voicemail' Huh

Might I suggest that if you are going to rely on automated systems, that you you actually make sure they 'automate' the right thing.

Might this be rectified so I might be able to access my account, and see if I can stop these continual nuisance calls.

(Ooh, just had another one while typing this, apparently someone has purchased an Apple Ipad on my Amazon account, cheeky [-Censored-]!)

Cheers

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: An error has occurred, you cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone ord...

I've given things a poke in the right direction by unsticking Voicemail and Call Protect.

Even though you'll see them show as active now, they're not quite yet as the order's still being processed with Openreach.

I'd recommend waiting an hour before making a further change to add call barring to your line.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
swhymark
Hooked

Re: An error has occurred, you cannot make any changes to your account while there is a phone ord...

Will do.

Thanks for the swift reply.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The order's taking its time and longer than usual. 

I'd recommend allowing until after midnight tonight before making a change to your call features online.

If you try to change them sooner they'll likely get stuck.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
swhymark
Hooked

No worries Gandalf I will leave it until probably Sunday to be sure, unless you say otherwise.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem, if there's no rush leave it until the close of play on Monday.

I'll check this for you during the day as I'm not in the office this weekend.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

@swhymark Looks like the change order to add call features took all weekend and completed early this morning. 

Let me know if there are any issues with adding call barring.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
swhymark
Hooked

OK thanks, PlusNet Call Protect is now active.

Cheers

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cool. Let me know if there's anything else you'd need help with

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet